• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2015 M1123, what TCM do I need?

alwayskaos

I've spent hours now trying to figure out what the part number is for a completely missing Transmission control module. Does anyone know where I could find the info, or possibly know the part number of the unit I need? Thanks all

springer1981

I've spent hours now trying to figure out what the part number is for a completely missing Transmission control module. Does anyone know where I could find the info, or possibly know the part number of the unit I need? Thanks all
The TCM is basically a standard GM part but mounted in rugged case with military connectors. They had different TCM's for different years and there were a couple different model years for the 4L80. Do you want to retain the stock HMMWV setup? There are many stand alone aftermarket TCM's that work excellent but it depends on how you use the truck somewhat. I used a US Shift Quick 4 and am very happy with it.

What year is your truck? Also you should make sure you know what transmission you have, early or late. Do you have the TCM housing?

Page 148 of the attachment might help

Attachments

Last edited:

alwayskaos

Truck is a 2015 M1123
That was a ton of help my friend. I just woke up, getting my coffee, and I'll go thru that attachment you sent me. I was thinking a plug and play original init would be best, but I'm open to anything. I just need to get this vehicle working sooner than later. I have an aircraft maintenance facility, and I purchased this truck just for airport use as a work vehicle.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Truck is a 2015 M1123
That was a ton of help my friend. I just woke up, getting my coffee, and I'll go thru that attachment you sent me. I was thinking a plug and play original init would be best, but I'm open to anything. I just need to get this vehicle working sooner than later. I have an aircraft maintenance facility, and I purchased this truck just for airport use as a work vehicle.
truck may have been rebuilt in 2015, but to my knowledge they stopped building new A2 series trucks around 2009 (all M1123s are M998A2 series vehicles)

All that really matters is whether it's serial number is above or below 196900, as the engine belt system and a couple other things were updated at that serial number break (though during rebuild sometimes engines got changed to the opposite style from what they had originally)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks