• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2015 SS Haspin Acres Rally Dates, June 10-14th

tbar123

I've finalized a deal with fellow employees to attend the spring rally and am very excited to do so. I would like to know what time people show up? Camping? and general info on the event? Thanks for any and all info!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can look back at previous Haspin threads and go to the Haspin Acres website itself for info.

Haspin isn't like the 5-start hotel service like Durhamtown is. Haspin is for serious off-road people.

(Here we go....)

tbar123

I was hoping it's camping,mudding,off roading, and a fair amount of beer drinking by a camp fire at night! I will hopefully have a few friends join me with their ATV's.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lots of ATVs there. If you don't camp in the campgrounds be careful where you do setup camp. Don't put a tent at the top of a hill at the end of a trail or on any trail. At night riders coming up over the top will run over you or your stuff. It happens.

The place has people riding all hours and if it is a busy weekend there are campers out along all the main trails and even the minor trails.

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lots of ATVs there. If you don't camp in the campgrounds be careful where you do setup camp. Don't put a tent at the top of a hill at the end of a trail or on any trail. At night riders coming up over the top will run over you or your stuff. It happens.

The place has people riding all hours and if it is a busy weekend there are campers out along all the main trails and even the minor trails.
:ditto:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Its pretty big. Some folks should understand it is an MVPA rally, no off roading or trail riding, though they do - do a parade on the grounds.

Mostly static displays and swap meet.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its pretty big. Some folks should understand it is an MVPA rally, no off roading or trail riding, though they do - do a parade on the grounds.

Mostly static displays and swap meet.

What?

I think Gimpy meant to post this in the Findlay thread. Haspin is all off-road and camping.

Yes, with parts buying and selling as well....

;-)

Pugsley

I enjoyed the fall rally last year. Have been to Haspin many times before but last time was the first time in the "camp grounds". Will the gates be locked up after 12? My friend that goes with me likes to wheel to 3-4 am (the ambulance guy) and was not happy about being locked in/out.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never been to the fall rally but I have never seen the gates closed or locked in June. Too many customers come and go at all hours.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
There have been kids at Haspin for many years. I would recommend keeping a sharp eye on the little ones though. Many of the people at Hapsin(not SS members) are very wild. I don't mind, as a motor-cross bike or ATV will bounce off my truck like a fly, but kids need to be very careful!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of our members little boys have "schooled" me on how to ride my big ATV at Haspin. There are usually a few families out there and as far as the rest of the people at Haspin go, there are dozens of families that off-road together and they bring travel trailers, tents and tent campers. Some even bring class A motorhomes and make a week of it.

You will see all kinds at Haspin.

gungearz

Josh (Pugsley), haspin campgrounds being closed after midnight is unfortunately a new policy... there is a security guard there like last time... I emailed Sam (Haspins owner) and talked to Pete about our little issue in the fall... the reason for this new policy is that they want to make haspin a family friendly facility and made a "quiet hour" for families to enjoy the campground.... u can wheel 24/7 outside the campground (for now)...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks