• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2015 SS Haspin Acres Rally Dates, June 10-14th

Blackbear

I have been excited about this trip and got the Duece fuel line,bleed etc, running great, however my brakes are pretty soft, I believe that's low fluid so I'm going to try too fill it tomorrow? Any special tricks to this. I still may not make it up there my chase vehicle has dropped out, but I will be watchin

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have been excited about this trip and got the Duece fuel line,bleed etc, running great, however my brakes are pretty soft, I believe that's low fluid so I'm going to try too fill it tomorrow? Any special tricks to this. I still may not make it up there my chase vehicle has dropped out, but I will be watchin
Have you adjusted them? It makes a huge difference and you don't need to remove the wheels to do it. Did I send you my cell#? Call or PM me if you have questions.

Pugsley

I had an ideal. We should get all the trucks out in that open area by the barns and line all the trucks up and take pictures of them. Do it some time Saturday afternoon weather permitting?

gungearz

What! Stretch won't be their? Bummer.
No mobile tool shack to fix the broke mowers. What will the mowrons do all week?
Still got gungearz mobile tool shack at a minimum (traveled light this year)... I just didn't bring enough bubble gum and duct tape....

And plenty of detours down 52 going east off 65... took the scenic route just to say "I have"...

Advice to travelers coming from the northwest... Take 74 east.... Your Choice!!!!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimpy just finished packing at my place and is on the road. I expect he will roll in around 10PM.

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those of you coming from the west, State Rd 44 between Shelbyville and Rushville will have sections closed as they are working on the chip and seal. They were supposed to begin on it Wednesday.

To all of those I had the opportunity to enjoy Haspin with, thank you for a great time.
I spent more time on the trails than ever and came home with a clean truck. I felt a bit guilty at first, but not any more....

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
To all of those I had the opportunity to enjoy Haspin with, thank you for a great time.
I spent more time on the trails than ever and came home with a clean truck. I felt a bit guilty at first, but not any more....
No problem Dave! I have the solution, I'll Sit on the couch while you pressure wash my truck!

Just got home and showered. Time to get 35hrs sleep then start cleaning the truck out!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even though work kept me from spending my usual 4.5 days there I am glad I made it over Saturday with my XM813.

(Yes, I had a truck at a rally....)

I even drove it today just to take my Mom some cupcakes in the nursing home. It looked a little big in their parking lot.

Good to see everyone and meet new people. Thanks to Westy and Lindsay for both eating Lindsay's Snickerdoodles in front of me.

I did take the truck out on the main trail, after 500 feet in I turned around and came back. The NDTs just offer no traction and I had to fight to keep it from going over the side.

brasco

My wife and I had a good time on Saturday. We didn't get our truck dirty this time but it was great to see everyone from last year and to meet a few new people as well.

It looks like we have a growing population of MV owners in Central Indiana and I think this is a good thing for the hobby.

I'm looking forward to the next Haspin event.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks