• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2015 TX MV Rally

Barrman

The weekend just got more complicated. The A&M sports car club has an autocross at the old AF base that Sunday morning.

I think leaving the Rally Saturday evening with all the trucks and coming back to within 4 miles in just the bomber wtih the trailer is the best solution. Sleep, Jennifer going to the race and keeping all the different activity tools/equipment seperate is my thought.

Colton thinks we should show up at the Rally with the Mini on the trailer and just drive 4 miles Sunday morning. He has trouble thinking of other people or beyond the next few minutes sometimes though.

OF course, everybody from the Rally is welcome to come watch the autocross.

Madmedic

Ric will be there with either the VW Thing/Kublewagon Conversion re-enacting on the German side, or with the XM-161. We've haven't decided which yet. I'll be running the store.

Miles.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i might be able to come this year. its looking pretty good so far,, as of now i dont have a job so alot of free time

TAMU86

All,

I swung by the G.I. Museum on my way back from College Station last week and spoke to Leisha Mullins. I was at the event last year both Friday and Saturday and came away with several questions from Kids on Friday, and other parents from Saturday. The main item was why there any representation of Vietnam or more recent era related MV's or camps. She conveyed with me that she would like to hear if any of the clubs would commit to setting something up this year with any of the following options: 1) display only, 2) living display (dressed as period), 3) living display and participate on Friday Education program with kids (~ 20 minutes of material).

Told her that I have some time recently and would like to try to put something together. I have spoken to Mike J. and John about my thoughts and seeking feedback. Wanted to open this to the larger group for any participation at any level (time and/or assets). I also do not want to detrack from the Brazos Offroad gathering... but this affords our group a gathering place on Friday/Saturday at the G.I. Museum as well. My wife (Alison) and I will be camping at the display and open to others... we just have to plan it.

Leisha Mullins wants a camp like orientation and not just a line of MV assets. I am planning to use the following: MKT-99 (Mobile Kitchen and operate for our group), M149A2 (water buffalo), M1061A1 5-ton with AAR Mobility Shop Van, M35A2 with M105A3, 3 sets of desert camo screening and 2 solor type 1 screens (would need help obtaining screening support poles loaned, if available, I am still looking). I think another Deuce and/or trailer would make up the right box side of the encampment nicely but open to any/all thoughts. My MKT-99 is operational and plan opening it up in the next few weeks for functional testing of all components, anyone who wants to help, your welcome. Also my only genset is a MEP-701A which is load for running the AAR Shop Van... could use smaller 110v genset to help run the MKT-99.

Also, let me know if we only want to plan for a Saturday LUNCH at the G.I. Museum for the group... and what thoughts everyone has on menu (i.e. hamburgers/hotdogs/chili/etc.)

Appreciate all thoughts, changes, commitments, etc.

Thanks,

Jeff

TAMU86

Yes... many of the guys are planning bring various items but have been reaching out in this forum to get specifics wants if desired.

BTW - I am interested in 10+ of your water jerry cans (maybe more)... that I saw in the classifieds.

One of our new local MV's has a large tool inventory that he is wants to make available to MV'ers if anyone is wanting sockets, wrenches, etc. You just need to state what your looking for...

m715mike

Last year, on the Saturday, there was a swap meet at the Museum. They had a couple acres set aside for it, and I saw everything ranging from large vendors with tents to hobbyists selling a few parts off the back of their pick-up and trailer.

CARNAC - The camp site (Brazos Valley Offroad Ranch) has more than enough room for your truck and trailer. If you are interested in setting-up shop at the Museum, I would recommend contacting them directly.

For those planning to camp at the Brazos Valley Offroad Ranch - Are we talking about having our own swap meet at the camp site this year?

machinist75

Yep, but I'd still like definitive details on where I need to be and when if I'm towing a 24' trailer behind a pickup. I'm going to need 40 acres to turn this thing around and the stuff will be heavy so I'll probably be working straight off the trailer.
The year before last I pulled right in near the entrance of the swap meet with a deuce and m105 and sold out of the trailer, so I'm sure you will be ok.

Madmedic

For those of y'all bringing stuff for the swap meet..... anyone got a Jack, lug wrench set for a CUCV? If ya do, PM me with a price. Need the complete set for the M1010 Project we've started.

I'm going to working a gunshow that weekend, but Ric will be there with the Quasi Kubelwagon Re-enacting, and Manning will be there as well, so if we can agree on price, one of them can get it from you for me.

Miles N. Cable
Spring Army Surplus

ke5eua

Ok I'm just getting caught up in this. Bret mentioned it to me so I will be there with the 4 kids and a content wife, lol

Should have the 818, should.

I need more details, is it camping style, or cabins? I'm new to this and I missed the GA rally last year so this is a little easier on the distance for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks