• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2015 TX MV Rally

sidel2426

It was nice to meet everyone at the rally this year. I wish i could have arrived earlier and stayed longer. Poor planning on my part. Im interested in a t-shirt and either a gathering at the offroad park or Jims ranch sounds good.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Talking about shirts, I have designed a couple of shirts but never brought it up to SS thinking there might be a copyright issue or something. I have alot of experiece with photoshop as well as autocad so I would be willing to help out on a design if needed.View attachment 551216View attachment 551217
you do need to get permission from the site owner to use the SS logo. It is trademarked.

richingalveston

I would second another rally and anything thing that involves shooting. I however would recommend the rally to be held at a place where everyone can wheel their trucks. I would like some company on the trails. I would also like to see the big trucks in action.

I believe a place where you meet, B.S. and swap parts is called a convention. A Rally includes all of that plus seat time in your rig on something other than the highway.

If its a convention or a rally close to me and work allows I will be there. Maybe next time I will get more time to B.S. Work got in the way.

Rich.

nofearnohope

Here are the designs from previous shirts.
Tshirt front.jpgmv rally 3.jpg
I would like to add the American and POW flag to the front of the shirt above Steel Soldiers.
USA and POW flags.jpg
The T-shirts have been about $10/each in the past, but I would like to add an additional $5 per shirt to be donated to the Lone Survivor Foundation. I have reached out to them and asked if we could put their logo on the shirt and donate that additional $5 to them. Let me know your thoughts on this.

m715mike

View attachment 551476View attachment 551477
I would like to add the American and POW flag to the front of the shirt above Steel Soldiers.
View attachment 551478
The T-shirts have been about $10/each in the past, but I would like to add an additional $5 per shirt to be donated to the Lone Survivor Foundation. I have reached out to them and asked if we could put their logo on the shirt and donate that additional $5 to them. Let me know your thoughts on this.

I'm game for whatever on the shirts. Just let me know where to PayPal the funds...

Barrman

Yes on a shirt for Colton and I.

Yes on a fall event. However, if it is during football season I can't for sure be there because of Colton in the band. All of October is full of band stuff Friday and Saturday until well after dark both days.

Here is the video I got of what I thought was everybody leaving for the convoy. Turns out I missed a few of the slow to get rolling type. Sorry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xAjfOhixSw

I said it Saturday around our talking circle, it has been repeated in this thread several times and I think it needs to be said again. The people are what make me spend the time and money to attend these events. Thanks for another great weekend!

The autocross was great but very long. We left B/CS for home after 1800 Sunday. My vibration in the M715 was worse and my lack of power was too. Then, Colton thought he ran the Whistler out of fuel at a stop light in Caldwell. I didn't look at the gauge or in the tank. Just added a pair of Gerry cans and he was running again. I blew another injector return line cap soon after. The Whistler failed to idle while we stopped to deal with the M715. We basically competed to see who could take a hill slower at full throttle the last 30 miles.

The M35A2 must of sucked up some tank goo because a few filter drains after we were home and it is all good again.

I can't figure out the M715. Air through all the return lines to the tank gets no resistance. The fuel filter drains out clean fuel. I haven't test driven it yet since doing the checking because I really wanted to figure out the vibration.

It was the front rear drive shaft u-joint. No slop, no outward signs of issues. Just like before the trip when I looked things over. Only after picking up the rear tires and then turning the drive shaft did I find a wobble. Once both u-joints were pulled from the shaft did I get to see how bad the front one was. Not many needles left. All covered in grease though because I have been lubing it. I got it as part of a center rear output kit from VPW 12 years ago. It was used then. VPW has two NEW ones in the mail to me now.

Once that is back together, I can do a road test to see about the fuel supply/return issues.

shadowdd

just as an FYI a fall Living History event is in the works at the Muesum of the American GI. It won't have the reenactment BUT it will be a motor vehicle rally for all MVs. I will let everyone know of the dates when they are formally announced. That could be another "semi-annual" get together!

Bryan

2015 texas rally shirts

View attachment 551476View attachment 551477
View attachment 551478

texas rally 3.jpgNofear, here is a rough drawing of your idea for the rally shirts. I still have to get permission to use the SS logo. please feel free to comment. thanks,Mike

So I have permission to use the Logo for Steel Soldiers and here is what I have. the two designs are the same just one is subdued. the plan is to set the shirts up on teesprings and whoever wants one can buy it there. I think this will be easier for everyone. and whatever profit is made will go to either to SS or whomever they decide. I was thinking wounded warrior or if anyone has another suggestion. the reason I have a subdued logo is that the color logo might be too costly to print and may have issues with too many colors. please feel free to comment. Thanks, Mike texas rally 5 1 tone.jpgtexas rally 4.jpg

armytruck63

I would suggest moving the text "2015 Texas Military Vehicle Rally" to below the outline of the state of Texas. The design looks a little less cluttered that way. Great design!

OL AG '89

I'm game for the shirts, like the original with POW flags added, also good with making additional cost for a donation to WWP, or local VFW or other veterans organization....
Fall is tough to do, but I will have my ears open for further developments......

Again, thank you 'DEAR LEADER" for your wisdom, leadership and GRAND HAIR!!

Just to let everyone know, the shirts are ready for purchase on teespring. just go to teespring and search "2015 Texas military vehicle rally" I put the shirts up for $20 ea. I know that's a little high but its for a good cause. the profits will go to the SS Benevolence Fund.

texas rally 11.jpg

m715mike

I just ordered 2 shirts.

Thunderechief83 - Thank you for taking this on and doing such an excellent job!!!! I'm excited about getting the shirts!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks