• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2016 Haspin rally, June 8th-12th, info/discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugsley

If this is true about no night riding this is going to piss of my entire crew. They love going out in the dark. Didn't spend money on lights not to.

EDIT: After looking at the site the rules seem to be the same. No riding after 10:00 PM or before 6:00 AM. But that never stopped people from doing it.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, before anyone goes off on a rant it would behoove us to talk to Pete (if he is still there) and get the rules for the rally. Durhamtown, GA has similar rules only they shut down the park at around 5PM, well before dark. The only thing allowed out into the park at night are security and the MVs.

I suggest we approach them with a good attitude and point out that it is not the MV group that causes problems.

jdknech

Okay, before anyone goes off on a rant it would behoove us to talk to Pete (if he is still there) and get the rules for the rally. Durhamtown, GA has similar rules only they shut down the park at around 5PM, well before dark. The only thing allowed out into the park at night are security and the MVs.

I suggest we approach them with a good attitude and point out that it is not the MV group that causes problems.
Sounds like a good plan, would you (as the moderator) be willing to approach Pete on behalf of The group?

Westech

CPL
Last year was REALLY bad. Someone burned up the water tankers tires, stole it and crash it in the woods. It was a huge mess.
I think if we talk to Pete we might get a night ride wednesday-thursday but I would not hold my breath for Friday and Saturday.
Haspin is a great time but it is the only place I have had to go out hot a few times.
When the sun goes down it gets rough now and then.
Our camp has been safe and never a issue.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I spoke with some folks today. Seems the OWNER hired a security guard to help with the vandal issues. Pete(the manager) has the same pull as the security guard, so I doubt Pete is able to grant permission. It might not be an issue to speak to the owner, but it is doubtful.

CGarbee

I miss attending this rally...
Even though it was a LONG ride from Raleigh in the XM813 with the MKT85 in tow, I had a blast both years that I made the trip.
I have two years (earliest) to four years (latest) before I retire from the day job and get my summers back... Warm weather is our busy time of year...
Look for me in 2018 or 2020... ;)

jdknech

I miss attending this rally...
Even though it was a LONG ride from Raleigh in the XM813 with the MKT85 in tow, I had a blast both years that I made the trip.
I have two years (earliest) to four years (latest) before I retire from the day job and get my summers back... Warm weather is our busy time of year...
Look for me in 2018 or 2020... ;)
Just a quick plugin- the KILROY chapter of the MVPA (I'm Vice President of KILROY) will be hosting the national convention in Louisville KY for the second time in June of 2018 So maybe as a retirement gift to yourself you could come on down for that as well!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Practically in my back yard again, unlike the Dayton National MVPA when it was in my back yard, both literally and figuratively. :)

Matt1970M35A

Team I will most likely be their Tuesday with my all new to me camping rig. This means I will not have the water buffalo for all to use. Provide your own water.
If SW promise not to smash my windshield Ill tow my M1009. If not ill just park it on top of his quad. :)=

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve, when are you heading out? Maybe we can convoy! I'm trying to take off on the 8th if I can.
I usually go out on Tuesday and Matt and I are most times the first two there, not always. It depends but if I have to bring the cat I will be with all my civy equipment. Winged Dodge, ATV and camper.

Team I will most likely be their Tuesday with my all new to me camping rig. This means I will not have the water buffalo for all to use. Provide your own water.
If SW promise not to smash my windshield Ill tow my M1009. If not ill just park it on top of his quad. :)=
Very funny Matt.

Last edited:

LindsayMaeK

Hey all! Just a heads up. Kris is finalizing the design for the shirts. I don't have pricing info yet but they will most likely be about the same as last Fall. I know it's last minute so everyone please get the word out about them so we can get orders in ASAP. I will need orders by this MONDAY which means you'll have the weekend to get them to me so start thinking about what you're going to want and I'll start taking orders once the artwork and color choices are posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks