• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2016 TX MV Rally

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As the call of "CONVOY UP !" is heard across the land, I offer this pre-rally prayer....

Heavenly Father,
We often utter the phrase, "God bless Texas," but at this time we will modify our request to, "God bless all those about to rally in Texas." Give them all safety in their travels, keep their vehicles in good condition and performance, and keep them under Your protections. May Your blessings be on the activities and the festivities. And please bring everyone home safely.
In Jesus' name we pray.
AMEN.

Barrman

Do you need help as I roll through Clint?

Colton just called from school. He made it out of the driveway this morning before the u-joints started squeaking. He parked it and drove something else to school. I guess we should have test drove it last night. We might swap another shaft on in a hurry this afternoon or let him drive something else for the formal dance and I flat tow RED to the rally. We will figure it out once we are both home.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hope everyone has a great time. I'm sitting with tubes in my arm wishing I was headed toward College Station. Guess I'll try again next year.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunately with MS it's all about stopping progression and the only guideline is that you don't get any worse than you already are. So I won't know if it works unless it doesn't. Kind of screwed up, huh? There really isn't any getting better.

An example though, I'm to the point that I can't drive my deuce any distance due to clutching and no power steering. That's why I want an LMTV. I want to stay in this hobby as long as possible.

Another Ahab

My prayers added to the Chaplain's for you here, mkcoen.

The Lord works wonders, His miracles to perform. And prayers get answered in ways that can surprise.

This will all go well for you, I know it. Amen

runk

Finally hitting the road. Truck fought me all day today, after being fine 2 weeks ago when I used it for a bunch of stuff. Should be there in a couple of hours. If you don't mind, leave the gate unlocked !

fhu667

You usually don't see many trucks for sale at the rally. There will be several vendors at the museum selling parts.

Most people leave Sunday morning.
Thank you. I appreciate the response.

I've got the fever for a deuce.

Last edited:

Kvrazelm923

I sure hope the weather plays nice tomorrow, I can't believe it was 80 yesterday and cold and rainy today, you guys camping try to stay warm, I hope to make it to the ranch before the convoy leaves in the morning I just don't know if I will be able to get the wife out the door in time. Look forward to meeting some of y'all tomorrow and maybe the wife will realize I'm not the only one with green fever

m715mike

Worked on the Deuce this morning and added Seafoam to the tank. I decided to drive it to the Rally after a good test drive here. Should be at the museum by 13:00. See y'all there.

Madmedic

So...... Did ANYONE ELSE have any problems with D.P.S. on the way up there or the way back? We took the M1009 and M1010 up there Thursday. Got pulled over by 3 DPS units in the Woodlands. 1st they said it was because they thought we were impersonators of some kind, and then they couldn't figure out how we could operate vehicles "legally" according to their dispatcher, without license plates. Eventually Supervisor came on and ordered them to let us go on our way. Saw plenty of DPS when leaving, but they just waved.

Also??? WHO is going to Mabry and when are you setting up?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So...... Did ANYONE ELSE have any problems with D.P.S. on the way up there or the way back? We took the M1009 and M1010 up there Thursday. Got pulled over by 3 DPS units in the Woodlands. 1st they said it was because they thought we were impersonators of some kind, and then they couldn't figure out how we could operate vehicles "legally" according to their dispatcher, without license plates. Eventually Supervisor came on and ordered them to let us go on our way. Saw plenty of DPS when leaving, but they just waved.

Also??? WHO is going to Mabry and when are you setting up?
That happened to me a few years ago. It would appear DPS gets a bulletin out regarding this event so no alarm is raised when motorists see Jeeps driving around with .50 cals mounted etc and call it in.

Your M1010 display is fantastic Madmedic.

Madmedic

Thanks for the kind words. This was our 1st display, and of course, I didn't get to do everything I wanted to. I plan on expanding it with more mannequins. So we'll have the patient and attendant outside, plus patients and attendant inside, plus a driver. If I get all the mannequins in, in time, I'll have it all set up for Mabry. Here's a couple of picts of the display, for anyone who wasn't there.

fIMG_1004.jpgIMG_1006.jpg

Barrman

I had DPS pass me on my way home. He just waved. Colton got Amber back to Waco and then home himself without issue as well.

I hope everyone else made it home ok.

Here he is the video I got of the convoy leaving yesterday morning:

http://youtu.be/2bY2CsMcn-8

Once again it was great to see and visit with everybody.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks