• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2017 mta spring show april 22-23

emr

Well here we go again !!! First off I must say EVERY SHOW EVERY YEAR NEEDS OUR SUPPORT!!!!!! :)

We at the MTA are a fairly large group of active MV enthusiast's, We have a large group of active members who stand up come out and support all we believe in !! We have location, Center NJ with rt 80 running across very close to a world class fair grounds !!!! Signs at every corner " Easy access to the show , easy to deal with members who run the show, this is a GROUP EFFORT!!! And I think it shows,

We are a Family show, An OPEN to the public show !! We advertise, we are close to 30 thou spent to pull this off, make no mistake we started out with " zero " I say this because ANYONE can do this, Any club can start a show, Personal to them or something bigger, they ALL are what we need to keep our hobby alive !! Others have a lot to offer for those who want to do such stuff, So I say ask :) We went to other surrounding clubs meetings and talked about what we wanted to do, Actually asked, for times as not to interfere with there show or events, We started out in the winter LOL ... We have plowed grass 8 inchs deep 3 days before the events pulling all nighters, These shows do NOT run them selves LOL :) We have grown to where others said " Move closer to other shows so we can stay loaded and just come over !! we have and its working !!

Many that come to our Show have become FAMILY and we look forward to seeing you and them !!! Many who will come for the first time we want YOU to enjoy talk about and come back with a smile !! Now no one is perfect and I have never made such a claim :)

But I as past pres and current pres and past show chair will answer your call 973 219 4499 , and discuss with our members and get back to you with absolutely anything you feel we need to address, As much as we try I have learned it is impossible to keep everyone happy every time, So please remember we are a work in progress, OUR show has grown in every dept. for almost every year we have been doing it, it has grown in at least a few depts. in the last years, It is IMPOSSIBLE to grow for ever , there is just so many people who will come LOL:) But we have noted to have more public than the standard MV show and swap meet,

We cater to VENDORS !! We offer a very very nice dinner for ALL Vendors !1 Friday eve !! We do NOT cheap out !!!!! All we ask is freeloaders realize this is for those who put the work into coming to and supporting our show !!!! :)

We offer 24 hour security for vehicles to display from Thursday am on, We offer a covered building for nicer vehicles that can be LOCKED at night to keep your possession safe and secure !!! We want you to come, we want you to feel we are doing everything to respect you your vehicle your encampment and all we stand for each and every year !!!!

The show is Sat and Sun, BUT Friday is the official set up day, we appreciate anyone who wants to help !!!! Just ask and be a part of what we do !!!! Friday is for VENDORS and DISPLAYERS BUT NOT FREE LOADERS !! LOL ...

W
e do have rules , I will post same rules as since the first show when I have more time, Most humans already do them with out thinking, . drive slow etc....

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking forward to it!

Last year I set up as a vendor with psycobob, and was disappointed only because I didn't get a chance to personally walk around and see everything, go shopping, meet friends, etc. I was kinda stuck at my spot selling all weekend. No biggie, but this year I will be there just as a spectator, buying parts, so I'm really looking forward to not having to work this time around! :)

See everyone there!

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
First time attended last year. Great vendor section with lots of different stuff. Bought some things and will be looking again this year. I come from Cape Cod, MA just for the day. Makes for a long day but well worth it. Thanks to everyone who puts this show on. It is a great time.

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been there many times and have never been disappointed.

It's worth the trip to find parts and to see a lot of friends there.

Keep up the good work and thank you for having a great show!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I plan to attend. Each time I've been to this show, it's been Great. Will probably just bring pickup truck so probably just pre orders and some other small items

Last edited:

emr

Darn just typed so much about ALL who do .. and lost it LOL .

Thank You but Scott my Partner and I shake the most hands and seem to be seen the most, But there really is a gaggle of active awesome people who work there ass's off... LOL

Will try again tomorrow :)

Jon . Military Transport Association Inc. 501c4 Incorporated December 1972 :)

Last edited:

bonedoc

Looking forward to the show. Last year was the first year I brought my deuce down and plan on doing the same this year. Always so much to see and many familiar faces to catch up with.

If anyone is looking for 395 tires. I will have set of 7 Goodyear MVTs, 395/85/20. 6 are 80% tread or better, one is almost new so 95% or better.
Also have 3 steel MRAP wheels if anyone is looking for some.
Can bring tires and or wheels to the show.

I purchased a 8 brand new XZLs for my deuce and in process of swapping them over to my A3 rims.

emr

mtaswapmeet.us is show site. mtaofnj.org is club site.

my e mail is randyemr@aol.com Just an fyi. answer phone 973 219 4499 and e mail promptly, Takes a while to answer pms :) My phone screen is to small at work for that LOL:)))

215Dave

I missed last year. Really bummed I wasn't able to attend. Planning to attend this year.

Ill be cruising the swap meet area for sure.

If anyone is interested or knows someone that is interested in the following, I have a few items I'm looking to unload:

Pair of AVM lockout hubs for a M35, used but great shape for used. Open to offers

Vinyl 3 color camo rear cargo cover for a M35. Lightly used condition. Open to offers

Handful of Jerry can mounts, all used but in good shape. Open to offers

7 Steel MRAP wheels mounted w/ XMLs.... Fitted with Peashooters adapter plates. Currently on my truck, but prepared to remove and sell. Open to offers...

I will be in the market for all things related to the Vietnam conflict.... Uniforms , equipment, radios, period correct truck parts.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Can someone start the buy/sell/trade thread? Want to get some stuff posted early to see if I need to load it. I'm only going to have a couple weekends at home before the show happens....and God only knows if it will be raining on those days. I've become a fair weather guy in my old age.

emr

For the buy/sell/trade at and BEFORE the show thread, Can we use just this one as the ALL things ...

:tank:Reminders, If you want to sell IN the show you need to be a Vendor, >>>BUT We FULLY support the BUY SELL TRADE BEFORE THE SHOW ... of people to finish there drop offs and pick ups in the parking lot, We can NOT allow transfer of stuff in the Display area!!!

We have done this since the first show, Scott or I will gladly run the forklift out to unload and load deals that have been made BEFORE the show ... :) Its ALL part of the Hobby and we support the commerce !!! Its good for all of us and we do it too :)

We will have at least one and probably 2 golf carts running sold goods out to the parking lot for vendor support ... to get the goods out of the show safely, We have the fork lift avail from Thursday afternoon on for big stuff ... :tank:

Elideclan2

I'm looking for a heavy tow bar. Some members
have tried to sell me there's but the shipping was
the deal breaker. I can pick one up if it's at the show.
Thanks,

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I have available for presale

-two m35a2 air assist steering kits. Both are nos in box.
-Ambac injector pump for m35a2.
-1944 army air forces oxygen cylinder g size.
-A hacked 1/4 ton trailer and I think it is an MBT.
-All the little attachments for the STE-ICE SPORTS (the two black plastic boxes with all the pieces in them)
-Chemical Agent Alarm M8 with vehicle mount
-Chemical Agent Alarm M8 with M10 power supply for 'household' power
-low voltage power tester that is part of the M151 specific maintenance kit
-bunches of standard hand tools
-camo net pole set(s) fiberglass and I think I have two sets and possibly more
-brass air fittings (USGI not foreign crap)
-two USGI medical maintenance tool kits that are about the size of footlockers full of tools
-ammo cans

Will post here when I think of additional stuff.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks