• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2017 MVPA International Convention in Cleveland, Ohio June 21-24

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I missed it all. :(

Already paid my registration and had hotel booked, but ended up going west for a family funeral instead (uncle, who flew B-24s in Europe in WWII). Family comes first.

Sure missed getting to see all the folks I usually only get to visit with at the convention, it's one of the highlights of my year. Next time....

Cheers

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Rory you only missed the best one ever!!! It was good but but alot of folks had to go through hoops both vendors and paying public. I missed seeing a lot and was in there from Wed to Sat evening. I did not bring my camera and there were several small batch SOG motorcycles there, a CTT "Black Mamba" KLX110 in the back of the war pig, a True veteran MT500 that the USAF bought (less than 20) and all were black, 1 USAF version of the Corps M1030 250 Plus others Lance Miller brought a huge amount of restored MV's wheeled and tracked and won 3 classes with his various mules.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
67Beast, love the dummies.

How'd they get the plane in there?

Looks like a blast, one of these years...

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
67Beast, love the dummies.

How'd they get the plane in there?

Looks like a blast, one of these years...
The center butts up against the Cleveland airport, huge hanger like doors on one end and he taxied in a week before the show. The big black square below the runways was the IX center where it was held. The show was in less of a third of the building, it also had a full basement!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...af031e9364e392!8m2!3d41.4124339!4d-81.8479925

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you go to the one in Louisville and look for a hotel DO NOT stay in the America's Best.

I have stayed in dives in the PI that were better and cleaner and fewer hookers. First room the smoke was so bad I couldn't breath and the second one someone had hocked up lung butter on the bedspread.

CMPPhil

Hi All

Did any of you who attended see a CCKW ? Was talking with several people yesterday who attend and they mentioned that there were none there, if so I think that it would be the first time the predominant large truck of WWII was not represented, does it mark the passing of an era?

Cheers Phil

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did not see any CCKW'S but there was a DUCK hoisting a Jeep . I missed the OUTSIDE sales , you can get some deals , but overall a good show . At the Barbecue Auction we sat next to the two gamers that were representing "The World Of Tanks" game , interesting conversation with them for sure !

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BTW , the two "World of Tank" gamers we were sitting next too were 28 years old , my shoes were older than that !!!! LOL I did find out all the programing for that game is done in RUSSIA , go figure !!!!