• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2017 TX MV Rally

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Count me in myself and Texas30cal convoying together
Looks like a first post! Please pardon that I'm not Texan, but from here in Virginia:

- Welcome.
yes sir! and glad to be here
Welcome aboard :-D Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway:driver:

You might find some useful info in the TEXAS threads mentioned below in my Signature Block. Check 'em out when your lying awake in your rack sometime.

Again.... WELCOME !

m715mike

It seems the count is approx 9?
Attendance is anyone's guess...

There may be a couple people that haven't posted in this thread, and still show-up at the offroad ranch anyway. I've talked to a few MV owners in my area that aren't active on SS, and a couple have expressed an interest in coming. Conversely, plans can change at the last minute and someone may back-out.

Since I've been going, there has typically been 10 (plus or minus) MVs at the offroad ranch and maybe a couple of folks that show up in a POV each year. There will be a lot more MVs to see at the Museum on Saturday.

Another Ahab

There may be a couple people that haven't posted in this thread, and still show-up at the offroad ranch anyway. I've talked to a few MV owners in my area that aren't active on SS, and a couple have expressed an interest in coming. Conversely, plans can change at the last minute and someone may back-out..
Attendance at any event is typically a moving target.

Momma here is in the hotel business working with meeting planners and the like, and I've picked up from her that even with confirmed RSVP'S to any event (conferences, weddings, etc.) that expecting 80-85% of those who commit is the safe bet.

Stuff happens: vehicle out of gas, kid gets sick, plumbing backs up. aua:shrugs:

texas30cal

Gotcha, was just curious, there are 3 others here I'm going to get in touch with on Monday, one is a 40's jeep, one is a bobbed crew cab deuce and the other is a 5 ton

Barrman

We also every year have a person show up in a MV that hadn't posted or had ever even met any of us until that weekend.

All are welcome.

OL AG '89

I'm in, I think, well possibly, but then who the heck knows until the day of..... If I show, may be bringing an army buddy, remind me what the costs are per person/night?

m715mike

I'm in, I think, well possibly, but then who the heck knows until the day of..... If I show, may be bringing an army buddy, remind me what the costs are per person/night?
Camping at the off-road park will cost $10 per family per night (same as last year). Lincoln (nofearnohope) will collect cash from everyone.

OL AG -- There's no thinking necessary. You need to be there. What if fuzzy needs a CUCV to pull his truck out of the mud?

heavyzee

i'm in... Both HMMWV's are running. just need to decide on driving or trailering.

Also wife will be 38 weeks along... so anything could happen

pistolnut

We'll, looks like I'm out this year. At work we are now hosting an exercise starting that weekend for the National Guard. I'll be around, I'll try to stop by at some point but I won't be camping and enjoying the whole event with everyone this year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks