• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2018 Haspin rally, June 6th-10th, info/discussion thread

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Date has been set to June 6th-10th

Park is in Laurel, IN. Prices for park are 20 first day, 15 second, 10 each day after. Not sure if they still have the group discount for Steelsoldiers, or Veterans discount

Haspin is about 800 acres. Ride anywhere but campground. No electricity or water in campground. One set of restrooms and showers about 1/8 mile from camp, and they get muddy. Water is available at office. Can camp in woods or campground.

Link to Haspin site.

http://www.haspinacres.com

This is the 14th year for Haspin! I've been to every one of them, always a good time. Search Haspin on the site, and you will find tons of videos, discussions, pics, etc.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should be the typical crowd for my crew. Actually bringing a MV, recently got a 1945 willys MB. Jacob, my son, will probably miss this one, he will be busy on a submarine.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tell him to bring the sub, we can put it in the pond...........oh wait, it won't fit.

:)

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm hoping to have my M275A2 ready for the trip by then. I will also be bringing my M1009 for the trails once I figure out how to transport both vehicles. Probably just Friday-Saturday for me.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'm hoping to have my M275A2 ready for the trip by then. I will also be bringing my M1009 for the trails once I figure out how to transport both vehicles. Probably just Friday-Saturday for me.
I have a towbar you can use if you like.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tammy just called me from Haspin and she is putting it on their official calendar of events for the spring/summer of 2018.

:)

Wire Fox

I've been saying it for a year now with no success, but... I'm planning on bringing my HMMWV out to this one to give it a good try! I'm not running at the moment, either, so...we'll see. aua

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Getting excited for the rally. I have a decent chance of having my deuce tractor road worthy by then. All depends on what I find in the brake system.

To-do list includes changing fuel and air filters, flipping rear hubs, installing new wheels & tires, and having brakes!

M1009 needs an oil change, too. And maybe I should wash the mud off from the last Haspin trip...

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So i went out to haspin yesterday and had a blast testing out my landrover after fixing a few things. After a few hours of very successful trails was ready to go home untill i got to the river. To wash some of that dirt off.... BIG MISTAKE. Barely even dipped my tires in and the gravel quickly turned quick sand and my truck was pulled in the water. Learn from my dumb mistake.. Use a hose... but on the plus side nobody was hurt. Im Thankful

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

sue

On an average, how many military vehicles usually
show up? And are there normally “vendors”?
thanks in advance for answering.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
For the most part its an off road event. Not many "vendors" but a lot of guys bring stuff to sell. Weve had 8 trucks in the beginning and over 100 trucks in the past. I 5hink last year we had about 40. Its different each year but always a good time.

For the first time participants, its pretty primitive camping, but there is a town not very far away if you need any supplies. Feel free to PM a phone number and I can answer any questions you may have.

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been to the GA rally twice and Haspin several times. Haspin is more laid back and spontaneous and mainly focused on off-roading. It doesn't have much of a swap-meet feel to it. Haspin is also much smaller, or at least has been the last few years.

I like them both! I haven't been able to make a GA rally since I moved back to Indiana, and would like to go again sometime.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks