• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2020 TX MV Rally at the Brazos Valley Off-Road Ranch

allredsd

Well {darn]. I'm was looking forward to getting together and meeting all of you folks and seeing your MV toys! But prudence is the wiser choice here.

Stay safe out there, and I look forward to whenever we can reschedule!

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Disappointing, but understandable. I'm also in if Lincoln has to come up with a cancellation fee, and I hope I can make a re-scheduled rally.

Maybe it will give me time to repair the wiring harness damage to my AF van. I set rat traps and caught 2 wood/roof rats and one chipmunk off the top of the engine so far. When I pulled the engine cover in the van, I cleaned off a medicine ball sized pile of leaves, sticks and pecans. So far I've found 3 spots on the harness that have chewing damage. I drove it in Dec., but was gone for about a month or so, and when I returned, it wouldn't turnover. The two 5-year old batteries were dead, and I thought I needed new ones, but now wonder if the chewed wires opened a circuit and drained the batts. Since they were old, the batts now test as bad with a load tester, and I really do need new batteries. I hate rats! Chipmunks are cute as long as they stay in the woods.

nofearnohope

There is no cancellation fee since it is the museum that is calling it off. I have been asked if there is anyone that would still like to have the rally, just without the museum portion. There is a $100 minimum gate fee to use the off road ranch for the weekend. I would need to make a decision by the end of the weekend.

allredsd

Well, any excuse to get out and do some camping is always good for me, so I'd be up for it if there were at least a few other folks willing to head out.

texas30cal

Well, any excuse to get out and do some camping is always good for me, so I'd be up for it if there were at least a few other folks willing to head out.
Myself and my daughter would be in, pretty sure my buddy from giddings would be as well, if we can get a few together. Ibuprofen, orange juice and superior genetics will prevail!!!

pistolnut

This is one of my favorite events of the year, I'm disappointed but not surprised that it is canceled. I've only missed a couple of these, I think I would be out for the camping only event at the end of the month under the circumstances, however maybe now is the time to re-visit bringing back the Fall rally like we used to do.

Keith_J

I'm still in for the off road park. I'll bring enough cash to cover all so all it takes is Lincoln. I've been working too hard and need this time off..when I put in for vacation, it was just 20 hours. I'm now on 12 hour shifts. Not canceling this vacation ;)

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hope ya’ll get the chance either now or in the fall. As the wife has asthma and I have my own immune system issues I’m staying home for the foreseeable future. Luckily I have plenty of TP and if that runs out there’s a spare cat or two in a pinch.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While cats can be self cleaning, they can get rather scratchey at times. :-D

At 69, I may or may not show up.
Don't know yet

nofearnohope

As of Sunday at 5pm, the decision had been made to cancel this event. In addition, Bryan and College Station have issued States of Disaster for both cities. They are discussing "shelter in place". We will have to revisit this closer to the fall. For all of us looking forward to this event, believe that this was not an easy decision and we are all disappointed, but hope that all of our SS family comes through safe and healthy.

Firehound

Well someone should make the go/no-go call here... I think FuzzyToaster has a good idea about a fall meetup.

Edit: I cant delete my comment here... for some reason it didnt load nofearnohope's cancellation post.
Carry on!!

Keith_J

Oh well, not throwing my vacation away. I will be installing the 6X into the M1031. Should have the bugs worked out and finely tuned. Might even have the turbos installed and running..still have to make two manifolds and modify the intake.

Barrman

The Governor just sealed the event for good. No more that 10 people gatherings. National and state parks are closing as well.

I went to the store this morning to get a few pounds of beef. I found out there is no ground beef in this town. With no known date for more deliveries. I ended up going to a town 20 miles away and they had plenty. My point is that I think we would have a difficult time gathering supplies for a camping weekend currently. At least until the idiots stop panic buying. An old lady had 14 bags of flour in her shopping cart this morning and was upset when the cashier told her she could only have 2.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks