24v charging thru slave port

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

Even though I make use of the slave port for 24v charging. I still every now and then hook the NOCO G7200 up to each battery by itself to ensure it is fully charged.

gatorbob

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did anyone ever end up buying the higher amperage connector from Graywacke? I bought the one Daybreak suggested for my trickle charger and it worked great.

After waiting hours for my dead batteries to charge today on my MEP-803A, I am realizing I need a jump start solution.

Curious if anyone is setup for jump starting and what amperage rating they decided was appropriate.

Last edited:

gtodan

Great thread! Thank you.
I went with the Graywacke slave setup.
I use the 24Volt Pulsetech unit.
However I am having trouble getting the unit to work past the "no battery connection" warning.
I run a keyed battery cutoff switch at the battery cover. It does not charge whether switch is in on/off position.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

I would suggest that if your batteries really die, that they be charged 12v individually. The slave port works good for charging and trickle charging. Every now and then I take off the slave port connector and put the clamps on, and give the batteries a individual charge check-up.

Double check your wiring in the graywacke connector. - and + setups.

Double check that the slave port itself is connected and working too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks