• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24v charging thru slave port

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

Even though I make use of the slave port for 24v charging. I still every now and then hook the NOCO G7200 up to each battery by itself to ensure it is fully charged.

gatorbob

Did anyone ever end up buying the higher amperage connector from Graywacke? I bought the one Daybreak suggested for my trickle charger and it worked great.

After waiting hours for my dead batteries to charge today on my MEP-803A, I am realizing I need a jump start solution.

Curious if anyone is setup for jump starting and what amperage rating they decided was appropriate.

Last edited:

gtodan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great thread! Thank you.
I went with the Graywacke slave setup.
I use the 24Volt Pulsetech unit.
However I am having trouble getting the unit to work past the "no battery connection" warning.
I run a keyed battery cutoff switch at the battery cover. It does not charge whether switch is in on/off position.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

I would suggest that if your batteries really die, that they be charged 12v individually. The slave port works good for charging and trickle charging. Every now and then I take off the slave port connector and put the clamps on, and give the batteries a individual charge check-up.

Double check your wiring in the graywacke connector. - and + setups.

Double check that the slave port itself is connected and working too.

Jeepadict

The GENIUS10 is the closest replacement, but it doesn't have a 24v mode. NOCO's cheapest 24v charger is now $500.
My G7200 had died a few months prior, and I couldn't bring myself to shelling out that much bread. Got a better idea from some fellas on another thread...while def not interchangeable between units, a far better mousetrap IMO. Give it a look, post #14:

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

OLDBEAR1234

My G7200 had died a few months prior, and I couldn't bring myself to shelling out that much bread. Got a better idea from some fellas on another thread...while def not interchangeable between units, a far better mousetrap IMO. Give it a look, post #14:

This model does the same thing as the G7200 except it has no 24 volt option, correct?

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The NOCO 7200 has been replaced by the NOCO G15000 15 amp unit that is advertised as charging a completely dead battery, either 12 volt or 24 volt. I dont know how well it will work as I ordered one yesterday for $176.00, and I have not received it yet. I have owned two G7200 units, one died and when i was going to replace it, I found the G15000 on Amazon.

Reactions: 98G

Jeepadict

This model does the same thing as the G7200 except it has no 24 volt option, correct?
Negative. This is a 2-bank 12v charger. One lead goes to each battery. This method is (in theory) superior to 24v charging at the slave port since it charges/maintains the batteries separately. This way an individual fault can be seen hopefully before a critical need arises.

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there any chance of reviving theses with the right charger?
View attachment 839361
I have had what I consider to be good success reviving these batteries. Get a good noco charger and be patient.

If it tells you it's not possible to charge, try this:

Find 1 good decent-sized battery (it doesn't have to be identical, but... not a watch battery either lol), hooking it to the 'flat' battery in parallel (you want to stay 12vdc, not 24vdc). Having that second, good, battery connected to the original, flat, battery can really make all the difference between getting it to work and not.

It's worth a try. It's certainly saved me a pile of $$$ in terms of reviving what some thought were dead batteries.

OLDBEAR1234

I have had what I consider to be good success reviving these batteries. Get a good noco charger and be patient.

Find 1 good decent-sized battery (it doesn't have to be identical, but... not a watch battery either lol), hooking it to the 'flat' battery in parallel (you want to stay 12vdc, not 24vdc). Having that second, good, battery connected to the original, flat, battery can really make all the difference between getting it to work and not.

It's worth a try. It's certainly saved me a pile of $$$ in terms of reviving what some thought were dead batteries.
Thanks for that information, I found a NOCO G7200 on ebay still new in the box. I got the first battery on repair mode as we speak. Thanks to all. I don't know how the truck started at all. Govplanet boosted it and brought it out to me, both positive cables were completely loose. Crazy.

Last edited:

OLDBEAR1234

Okay it looks like one battery took a charge, the next battery is a no go. I have connected the two as instructed, fingers crossed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks