• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24V headlights

bigflew

I have a problem with my m998 that may or may no be a problem.
when I got the 998 it had no headlights so of course I ordered a nos set of 28 volt Wagner's after installing Corectly they both turned black inside and failed. checked voltage 24-26 volts.got 2 more light 1failed instantly.the other worked great on both sides.
I think I'm getting bad bulbs ? Warner manufacturing date of 08

The HUlk

Physical shock & vibration (especially when lit) will shorten the life of, or immediately break a lamp fillament.

Atmoshpere(oxygen) entering the bulb will enable the fillament to burn. This sounds like what may be happening resulting in the dark color you are seeing.

papakb

I run Hella H4 lamps on my truck. They're considerably brighter than the stock incandescent bulbs. You do need to make up a short pigtail to go from the Packard connectors to a standard 3 pin lamp connector but that's only a 10 minute job. I have run the cheepie Autopals from India and they do work but their quality control isn't very good. I had to return the first set I got because the lenses were offcenter and the bezel wouldn't clamp down over them. The second set worked fine.

Kurt

KC makes a Lexan 7" Round lens that can be found on amazon pretty inexpensive. There is a small glow in the dark "KC" emblem on the bottom that I hate, but they work great and won't crack.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks