• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24V headlights

bigflew

I have a problem with my m998 that may or may no be a problem.
when I got the 998 it had no headlights so of course I ordered a nos set of 28 volt Wagner's after installing Corectly they both turned black inside and failed. checked voltage 24-26 volts.got 2 more light 1failed instantly.the other worked great on both sides.
I think I'm getting bad bulbs ? Warner manufacturing date of 08

The HUlk

Physical shock & vibration (especially when lit) will shorten the life of, or immediately break a lamp fillament.

Atmoshpere(oxygen) entering the bulb will enable the fillament to burn. This sounds like what may be happening resulting in the dark color you are seeing.

papakb

I run Hella H4 lamps on my truck. They're considerably brighter than the stock incandescent bulbs. You do need to make up a short pigtail to go from the Packard connectors to a standard 3 pin lamp connector but that's only a 10 minute job. I have run the cheepie Autopals from India and they do work but their quality control isn't very good. I had to return the first set I got because the lenses were offcenter and the bezel wouldn't clamp down over them. The second set worked fine.

Kurt

KC makes a Lexan 7" Round lens that can be found on amazon pretty inexpensive. There is a small glow in the dark "KC" emblem on the bottom that I hate, but they work great and won't crack.