• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24v LED headlights

3dAngus

I imagine all cars will go to LEDs before it is all over with. They're cheaper with sufficient production quantities.

Production has not yet ramped up, but prices are coming down. I would predict $40 a piece 5 years from now.

3dAngus

Thanks. Jim (R Racing) took care of me. I'll delete that post so no one responds to my burnt out headlamp.

Last edited:

CobraCDR

Has anyone tried the light guards in one of the "snowy" states during the winter? I like the look they add and protection for the bulbs, but have debated if they would just catch and trap all the freezing spray, slush, etc. you get during storms (when you take your truck out and get to play with the 6x6).

Darwin T

we don't have that problem here on the gulf coast. however, if i was going to bet on it i would bet it will catch all of the freezing spray and slush and because they don't put out heat like a regular bulb it will end up solid. the only hope would be rediator heat or a winter cover with plastic headlight covering.

HanksDeuce

I have a British kit car and replacement parts are pretty expensive. I had a local installer put 3M rockguard protective film over the fiberglass bodywork and headlights. It is a pressure activated material so you don't have to worry about getting it aligned properly before it sets like window film. Think of it as a thick window tint that is made to protect bodywork and other things. Although it is a race car it is street legal and I drive it a lot. I have been caught behind dump trucks and other vehicles that kick up rocks. After 3 years and constant abuse I cannot find any imperfections on the bodywork or the headlights. Some people complained about the clear rockguard turning yellow, but even on my white race car it has not done that.

Attachments

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NAPA has 12-24v LED headlights on sale through the end of June 2012. The regular price is $359 and the sale price is $214.99. The light is made by Trucklite and the NAPA part number is LIT 27270C. The pricing is from the Heavy Duty Truck Stop flyer for June 2012. Here's a link to the light on the NAPA site. The site does not show the promotional pricing.

Here's the detailed specs on the light that I could only find when I used the sites compare feature.

7" Round LED Headlamp , Complex Reflector Optics Is DOT & FMVSS Compliant For Low Beam & High Beam Performance, 7" Round LED Headlamp , Complex Reflector Optics Is DOT & FMVSS Compliant For Low Beam & High Beam Performance, Metalized Reflector Optics Provide A Lighting Experience That Is Smooth & Clean Across The Driving Surface, Provides A Brighter, Crisper & Whiter Light Output, Close To The Color Temperature Of Daylight, Dramatically Improving Light Projection Distance & Overall Visibility, Durability & Dependability Of LED Lighting Provides A Solid-State, Bulb-Free Headlamp Design That's Impervious To Damage From Shock & Vibration, Military Grade, Die-Cast Aluminum Housing & Non-Yellowing, Polycarbonate Lens Offer Optimum Protection Agasint Damage From Impact, Roadside Debris & Other Hazards, Electronics Are Sealed In Epoxy To Resist From Damage Caused By Corrosion Or Moisture, Drop-in Replacement For #6014, 6015, 6016, H6024 & Par 56 Headlamp Designs, Uses Standard H4, 3-Blade Wiring Connector, Impact Resistant Polycarbonate Lens Protected Against Damange Caused By Debris & Other Hazards

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks