• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2600mile recovery :)

seano11

236miles so far on this tank and I have a little less then half a tank left I'd pick the 8.3 over the 250 any day. Unless you plan on putting a turbo on it. Picked my self up a big buddy heater for the cab should do the trick. So here's a story for today pulled into a Arby's in Rogers by the cabelas. as luck would have it it was the same one I stopped at when I brought my 813 up. Last time I was there the young fella working was drooling over my truck. Said how he always wanted one. He had told me his story how he supports him and his mom working at Arby's his dad had passed away some how. Anyways sure enough he's still there I pull up in front of the store and walk in and say ya remember me? Sure enough he does. I asked him if he had bought a truck yet. Of course he hadn't. Anyways I sit down to eat and he's telling me all about my truck. The kid must study the tms for fun. So I asked him if he had ever driven one he said nope. I said well take your break and ill hop in the passenger side and ya can tell me how it runs. Big open parking lot the kid wasn't gonna hit anything but a snow bank. Anyways that's my story for today good deed done for the year.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kind of a difference between the one working at the Super 8 motel and the one at Arby's.

seano11

The last pic is a limo nosed dived into a field. With the closes off ramp being 10miles away I figured he had to hit it in 6th taped out to make it to there

rickf

What is your temp gauge reading? If normal you might need a reverse flush on the heater core. Otherwise you might need a thermostat. Definitely want to have a good working thermostat in those temps or you will end up with milkshake for oil.

Rick

seano11

Temps at normal I have heat just not enough to keep up with the cold air oil looked fine also. Been checking the temps with a laser gun and both the rad and block are within 20 of each other

Last edited:

oldmx

Hey I watched you go by around 1330 at Anamoose, ND. Looked like you were hauling a**. Hope the rest of the trip goes good and with the spped you were traveling your tires don't melt down.

Mike

seano11

Hey I watched you go by around 1330 at Anamoose, ND. Looked like you were hauling a**. Hope the rest of the trip goes good and with the spped you were traveling your tires don't melt down.

Mike
ya I was doing about 60mph been checking the tire temps. Shoulda flagged me down I love meeting people. Anyways made it across the boarder no issues 2 minutes after I smoked a deer. Lets just say the truck owned him

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dude, you smoked a deer with the guy you left your dog with, your boarder at the border. Isn't he the horder that can't keep it in oarder or the deer smokin' snow boarder?

Glad you're safe.

Good thing you weren't drivin' the Dodge!!!!