• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3 M1009's recovered today from "The Ranch"

chevyrac66

Well business is good and were selling some of these CUCV's we have so we took a little trip down to "the ranch" to pick up a few more... When the guys at the shop said that we had alot I thought 5 ... 10 tops... I was wrong theres probably 60 more of them!!! ahhhhh!!!! But these trucks are fun to work on and I love working on um!!! Pics for proof! (the one pic looks messed up because I had to use windows photo live to paste them together so I could fit them all in one pic.. yeah that many trucks.....)

Attachments

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So what are you retailing them for? What maint and repairs have been performed? Selling them with all title and state inspection work done?

chevyrac66

"The Ranch" is all privtely owned.... Were working on these and the retail all over the board based on condition of the vehicle. We do all basic maintence. (ie. fluids, filters inspect all systems) Then repair anything that needs it, Then it gets a block heater and a solargizer system. Some we repair the bodies and paint some keep there "as discharged" colors and body condition. They are sold at Classic and Performance Mustangs, of Denver, CO. Here's a linky to the webpage military truck inventory They are sold with a good Colorado Title and a temp tag. ( 2 months I think I'll check in the AM)

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe ive see pictures of that "lot" before. A few sold on ebay just recently i believe telling by the background alone. But if the price is right...hmm..

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh I see, so we can buy a $1200 GL 1009 Blazer with an oil change for $8995, plus $699 to get it from "the ranch", plus $299 title fee. Y'all must have a good supply of suckers up there.

panshark

NDT just dropped a thread-stopper!
:twisted:

I wonder if I can get them to sell my '83 Dodge Aries (urban camoflauge) on their website. It's got great spark plugs.

Last edited:

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
why insult customers?

Oh I see, so we can buy a $1200 GL 1009 Blazer with an oil change for $8995, plus $699 to get it from "the ranch", plus $299 title fee. Y'all must have a good supply of suckers up there.
Well the trucks cost from 685 up to 4200.00 per truck. shipping was 590X73 units, we do a bit more than an oil change, and we havent sold one for 8995 yet. Wecome to America buddy, we provide a service that americans want and desire, we employ other americans who enjoy their jobs. and its all legit, colorado dealer license, workers comp, taxes and insurance. We are not making a killing here, just paying the bills and keeping the economy alive. If you dont think we offer a service that you desire, just dont buy, why call our customers suckers? I have refered every single one of them to this forum. They have expressed to me that they are happy to purchase a truck from a reputable vendor who will be there after the sale to service and upgrade their truck. They dont have the time or desire to deal with GL or auctions. They can drive, inspect, have inspected, think about and compare to other trucks before they purchase. I have many satisfied customers.

ABN173

Well the trucks cost from 685 up to 4200.00 per truck. shipping was 590X73 units, we do a bit more than an oil change, and we havent sold one for 8995 yet.
Really?

Check your website/link where it list vehicles sold:

Super nice condition M1009 from the Missouri National guard, this base really kept up on their units, 6.2 GM diesel, nice interior, no rust ever, still shows its original CARC Camo paint job and NG markings, Glass is in excellent condition. Runs great, no leaks. own a piece of American history. price 8995

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll jump this before it ignites. I've chatted with 101coolcars and browsed their (his) site before and ebay auctions too. I was satisfied with the answers I was given when I probed for info on deuce inventory and can confirm hes not hawking clunkers (and I mean real clunkers, not the GL "standard"). Ebay feedback looks good too, its hard to do with some people these days.

But as price goes, you can charge anything you want for stuff but its only worth what others will buy it for. Why not 20K! :razz:

I cant say I smell a bad fish but selling cars on ebay is too deep water for me right now, personally.

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
asking vs selling

Really?

Check your website/link where it list vehicles sold:

Super nice condition M1009 from the Missouri National guard, this base really kept up on their units, 6.2 GM diesel, nice interior, no rust ever, still shows its original CARC Camo paint job and NG markings, Glass is in excellent condition. Runs great, no leaks. own a piece of American history. price 8995
Yea really, that was the asking price, not the selling price. I think that truck sold to an army pilot here in denver. he is happy with it and he may be a member here. The kid that started this post is a new member and he was excited about his job and what he did today. The trucks were shipped to us without keys and unstarted, so he did participate in "recovery" I think that was his intent of the thread.

Thanks Terry

bracebldr

We all know that life isnt free and doing an honest days work and filling a niche market is somthing most people would be happy to do. How many of us go to work every day making a good living doing what we enjoy.I suspect that all his customers are familiar with the word no so I for one am jealous of his work I only get to do as a hobby. I say that is what a fair market system is based on. Remember the buyer sets fair market not the seller if no one paid he couldnt sell the product.......So lighten up:-D

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks fussytoaster

I'll jump this before it ignites. I've chatted with 101coolcars and browsed their (his) site before and ebay auctions too. I was satisfied with the answers I was given when I probed for info on deuce inventory and can confirm hes not hawking clunkers (and I mean real clunkers, not the GL "standard"). Ebay feedback looks good too, its hard to do with some people these days.

But as price goes, you can charge anything you want for stuff but its only worth what others will buy it for. Why not 20K! :razz:

I cant say I smell a bad fish but selling cars on ebay is too deep water for me right now, personally.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I will steer the young tech away from letting his posts look like ads. I will try and do them same. We just cant get enough of MV's thats why we drive them, work on them, and after work study them. chevyrac66 last post was on a paintjob, members said that post was helpfull.

Thanks Terry

ABN173

Terry,

I like your business concept, in fact I often thought about doing something similar once I retire from the military. I have a few suggestions I will send to you by PM but one I will mention here is to remove the 7k+ prices on the sold vehicles especially if your selling them for closer to $4,000 as you stated here. When guys see sold and $8995 on it that implies that was the selling price, and I think most people here would think that to be an excessive price and assume you are taking advantage of somebody foolish enough not to know any better. This is obviously not the case with your business but it is a easy conclusion to come to after viewing your site. Anyways PM to follow.

With Regards,
Dale

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks