• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3 M1009's recovered today from "The Ranch"

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trucks are cooler

Oh I see, so we can buy a $1200 GL 1009 Blazer with an oil change for $8995, plus $699 to get it from "the ranch", plus $299 title fee. Y'all must have a good supply of suckers up there.
Terry,

I like your business concept, in fact I often thought about doing something similar once I retire from the military. I have a few suggestions I will send to you by PM but one I will mention here is to remove the 7k+ prices on the sold vehicles especially if your selling them for closer to $4,000 as you stated here. When guys see sold and $8995 on it that implies that was the selling price, and I think most people here would think that to be an excessive price and assume you are taking advantage of somebody foolish enough not to know any better. This is obviously not the case with your business but it is a easy conclusion to come to after viewing your site. Anyways PM to follow.

With Regards,
Dale
My business is restoring Mustangs, check it out www.classicmustangs.com. we also restore shelby's ,camaros ,and corvettes. But the trucks are cooler!!!!!
We have all the tools and equipment, we all like 4x4's , guns, and the USA, so its a match made in heaven.:-D

Hey, you're not with the excessive price police are you?;-)

chevyrac66

Sorry for the confusins folks, I was not trying to make it an ad or anything else, I was simply trying to answer the questions to the best of my ability. I wanted to share my experience yesterday with all you folks in the hobby. We have alot of resources here and I was just hoping to share with you guys. Once again I am sorry that it appeared like an ad.

sawgunner1

Thanks for getting them out on the road!!

Sorry for the confusins folks, I was not trying to make it an ad or anything else, I was simply trying to answer the questions to the best of my ability. I wanted to share my experience yesterday with all you folks in the hobby. We have alot of resources here and I was just hoping to share with you guys. Once again I am sorry that it appeared like an ad.
Not to worry!

You will find that your "best of 20 looked at" won't be good enough for some. I guess since you all have found so many AND get them running irks some.

I found four at auction, sold two to a buddy of mine and he loves them both. They had very minor problems, but nothing too complicated. Sure, he paid more than I did, but I put in six drive hours, seven hours inspecting 185 vehicles, getting two guys to help recover them and finally to title them. All he had to do was look them over, test drive them and he bought them both on the spot!

He knows he got a great deal and has no issues with me making a little profit.

Lastly, thank you all for getting even more of these fine vehicles back on the road. There are lots of them running around in my neck of the woods and it's nice to see.

Last edited:

The PIG Smith

I love the FIELD OF DREAMS movie reference here..... "If you build it they will come." In this case - If you win the at auction, restore them and post them up for sale, they will come... AND BUY!!!!

Good Lord! I can hear James Earl Jones reciting that now.
The one constant through all the years, USAFSS-ColdWarrior, has been Military Vehicles.
America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. (painted OD Green and equipped with blackout drive of course!)
It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But MV has marked the time.
This field, these auctions, is part of our past, USAFSS-ColdWarrior.
It reminds us of all that once was good, and that could be again.
Oh, people will come, USAFSS-ColdWarrior. People will most definitely come and purchase these rigs!

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Have a great one!

Sajer

Just a noob here, not trying to pile on, but I have watched and read and now im trying to finally buy a M1009 and would love if someone east of the Miss. did this.

I have watched this companies auctions and bid on a few of the trucks over the past 3 months to no avail, still looking! They did answer a few basic questions when asked, but some emails were never answered.

However, I have seen many of their auction on ebay not go for reserve. So if someone wants to pay 6 or 8 k for one of these , then I guess that is capitalism, but its not me. I think everyone here has a general knowledge of what they cost at GL typicaly, so when you see 8k on a truck it makes some people raise thier eyebrows a bit. Heck , if I had a enough money and a few guys and building I might try this myself as I know it would sell. Wouldnt get rich, but it would be fun!

Now , I have to go back to my no fun desk job:cry:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one constant through all the years, USAFSS-ColdWarrior, has been Military Vehicles.
America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. (painted OD Green and equipped with blackout drive of course!)
It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But MV has marked the time.
This field, these auctions, is part of our past, USAFSS-ColdWarrior.
It reminds us of all that once was good, and that could be again.
Oh, people will come, USAFSS-ColdWarrior. People will most definitely come and purchase these rigs!
PIG Smith - - - > :not worthy: You must be careful - You're dangerously close to copyright infringement ROFLMAO:!:rofl

Have you ever considered Comedy Writing for late night television hosts:?:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a noob here......

Now , I have to go back to my no fun desk job:cry:
SAJER:
The west Texas Detachment of the SS welcomes you aboard:-D Grab a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway:!: Feel free to jump in whenever you'd like - just watch out fo the old codgers - they'll pick on ya:roll:

Best of fortune on locating your first MV - BEWARE the addiction:twisted:

Again, WELCOME:driver::jumpin:

bond024

I had just bought a "Deuce" from 101coolcars a few weeks ago and I think I paid a really go price for the truck. Better then I was finding on ebay or on the internet. So to the person that was trashing his customers,F***Y**. I think you are jelious and need a reality check. He is not doing anything that you don't do. Do you go directly to Samsung and buy a tv you go to walmart or Costco, etc. He is just doing the same thing. I am happy with my purchase and would buy something else from him again. He has really taken care of me after my purchase.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"I think my tranny went out today. I was driving down the highway and the tranny started making some loud noices. I have been noticing for the past week that when I have been driving it that there has been a large whine comming from the tranny when I let off the gas expecially in 5th, but when i am on the gas it goes away, i think today was the final day. I got off the highway and back to my house. When I was sitting there there was a awful sound of parts flinging around in there.:sad:"

Bondo, I thought you got such a great truck from this vendor??? What happend???

Cucvnut

Bond you dont need to tell people FU on here thats a little out of line. if you have a personal issue with some one please pm then. I understand we get all worked up over trucks and prices becuase everyone is trying to find the best deal and what not. but in all seriousness this is a good palce to converse and meet good people and learn about Mv's. We dont need to start name calling that only turns the thread worse and worse.

( my grammer sucks ) :)

bond024

I did and we have remended what the problem was and he took care of it. Better than anyone whould have done on ebay. If I had bought the truck on ebay I would have to contact the vendor i bought if from and then contact paypal and mess with all of that and 101coolcars was great and very helpful. Highly recommend.

Cigarjoe

Oh I see, so we can buy a $1200 GL 1009 Blazer with an oil change for $8995, plus $699 to get it from "the ranch", plus $299 title fee. Y'all must have a good supply of suckers up there.
WOW! I thought this would be the last place I would people against what made this great country what it is, or what it used to be, because of people thinking like this. Why is it any of our business what he is selling then for or even less your business what people are paying. Whats it worth? Well as for me, I collect guns and the book says the gun is worth $500, but I find a guy that has one, and he wants $1000, well I want it so bad that I give a $1000 for it, that makes it worth a $1000, not $500 like the book says. Or we can say he can only find someone that will give him $250 are we going to attack the buyer because the book says its worth $500 and he stole it from the seller. NO. It was only worth $250 at the time of sale. So who cares if someone pays $15,000. It is his fault and only his fault that he didn't do research to find about GL and that he could get one cheaper. I am glad I saw this thread before I started one about how I recovered 5 M1009's and a M1010 in Indy today, and that I was going to list the M1010 at about $7000, because I guess I am suposed to sell it for what I payed for it because its the right thing to do and I dont want to make money I just love to sell MV's

Stan Leschert

Whoa. Chill out. Not everyone is initially ready to battle GL or Canadian gov't surplus by themselves. If they want to pay for the service, I say WHY NOT? When hey get more experienced or have more time they can go prospecting and roll the dice to see what they've won. Save the battles for the active theaters of war. Now sit down, and have a cold one of whatever your preference is!