• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3 questions about my 923 transmission?

jd 9760

1st question:
I changed the transmission oil in my truck today just a drain and fill no filter change at this time. I put a Napa R&O oil in which they claim is 10w oil. Seems to drive and shift fine but my trans temp is running betweem 220-225 degrees. I didn't pay much attention to it before I changed the oil so is that temp normal?

2nd question:
The seal on the out put shaft is leaking. Is there a Napa or other part number that may help me and how hard is this to fix?

3rd question:
When shifting into low transfer the lever is to close to the seat. When I try and shift to low my hand gets pinched between the lever and the seat is there a way to adjust the position of the lever and do others have this same problem?

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the fluid level after the transmission is warmed up. If it's over full, it will run hot according to the TM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks