• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

.30 cal mount on Deuce

ida34

The biggest problem I see with this is the fact that you would have a very narrow field of fire out front. Most of the time these trucks were in convoys so if you were trying to hit the guy in front it would be great. The jeeps were light, fast, and maneuverable. They could get the thing pointed in the right direction to bring the enemy into the field of fire pretty easy. Can you imagine trying to turn a deuce around to counter attack an ambush beside the road. We used to post a guy standing up in the back of the truck with the M-60 for an air guard but the guns were just resting on the top of the canvas. We had plywood under the canvas. I an not saying it was not done but any mount on the dash would be of very limited use and therefore I would guess it was never an approved mount setup. That being said I am sure there was never an approved MWO to put a M113 hull on the back of a five ton but that was done.

jime

Most of the time these trucks were in convoys so if you were trying to hit the guy in front it would be great. The jeeps were light, fast, and maneuverable.
Yep, I realize we're dealing with more of a pack mule than a cavalry horse. In addition, I would think that the M32A2 was a little late for the 1919A4. I'd just like to come up with something that, at least, LOOKS relatively authentic.

Thanks for the input, any more suggestions?

Jim

cmw

Numrich arms used to have ring mounts dirt cheap. Worth a little searching anyway.

taylordc15

I kept looking at the one on BMG parts web page but just couldn't see paying that. Keep an eye out on here and watch e-bay, Austin Webber on there has them every once in a while. And of course shipping was not cheap

taylordc15

The M2 is the gun normally mounted on the deuce but have you looked at what one costs recently? not just the cost of the gun but feeding it. I can still shoot my 1919 for around .55 a round, the M2 is 7 times that. Even at .55 that works out to $275 a min.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks