• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3000 mi recovery of M35A3

Dave G

Id like to thank steel soldiers for taking me on as a member. I am purchasing my first military vehicle a M35A3. I will be picking it up the 1st week on june in ST.PAUL MN and driving it back to Newfoundland via Chicago, Toledo, Cleveland, Albany, Portland and Houlton. I was wondering about getting some advice from members along the way if i run into trouble. Also any helpful information would be appreciated. Thanks Dave

goodguyzy

remember its only 48 mph back, take extra fuel filter, gland hand tire filler, flash light...
IM assuming you have all the proper paper work to take this truck out of USA?

Boatcarpenter

Dave,
There are quite a few members in New Hampshire and Maine that would be willing to help if needed, me included. There are some not far from either Portland or Bangor etc.
Let us know.
BC

PS. My Deuce is about an hour from Bangor right now.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Come on, it's Canada, it's almost the US. :mrgreen: kidding of course, much love for my Canadian Brothers. Welcome to SS Dave G. You have a great province over there. Spent some time there in 1998. Make sure you research what you'll need to get over the border, and probably more importantly to register your truck. We'd hate for an epic recovery to get ruined. Be sure to post updates and pic on your trip. Good luck!

mktopside

Banned
International Traffic In Arms Regulations

PART 121-THE UNITED STATES MUNITIONS LIST

Enumeration of Articles
121.1 General. The United States Munitions List.

Category VII-Tanks and Military Vehicles

*** *(a) Military type armed or armored vehicles, military railway trains, and vehicles specifically designed or modified to accommodate mountings for arms or other specialized military equipment or fitted with such items.

*** *(b) Military tanks, combat engineer vehicles, bridge launching vehicles, half-tracks and gun carriers.

*** *(c) Self-propelled guns and howitzers.

***(d) Military trucks, trailers, hoists, and skids specifically designed, modified, or equipped to mount or carry weapons of Categories I, II and IV or for carrying and handling the articles in paragraph (a) of Categories III and IV.

*** *(e) Military recovery vehicles.

*** *(f) Amphibious vehicles. (See § 121.4)

*** *(g) Engines specifically designed or modified for the vehicles in paragraphs (a), (b), (c), and (f) of this category.

***(h) All specifically designed or modified components and parts, accessories, attachments, and associated equipment for the articles in this category, including but not limited to military bridging and deep water fording kits.

***(i) Technical data (as defined in § 120.21 of this subchapter) and defense services (as defined in § 120.8 of this subchapter) directly related to the defense articles enumerated in paragraphs (a) through (h) of this category. (See § 125.4 of this subchapter for exemptions.) Technical data directly related to the manufacture or production of any defense articles enumerated elsewhere in this category that are designated as Significant Military Equipment (SME) shall itself be designated SME.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks