• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

#32 M1008 Project time again at Zouts

zout

not going to bore ya all with all the pics - but got it all painted with the 3 coats after spending a long morning today - this including the sanding of the cab to get the overall 3 coats laid out including the inside of the box. Got the CUCV pulled outta the garage after getting the masking pulled - still drying out. Now to start prepping for the second color and getting accessories painted up.
HERE YA GO20161208_095801_001.jpg20161208_095815_001.jpg20161208_095825_001.jpg20161208_095842_001.jpg

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
not going to bore ya all with all the pics - but got it all painted with the 3 coats after spending a long morning today - this including the sanding of the cab to get the overall 3 coats laid out including the inside of the box. Got the CUCV pulled outta the garage after getting the masking pulled - still drying out. Now to start prepping for the second color and getting accessories painted up.
HERE YA GOView attachment 657020View attachment 657021View attachment 657022View attachment 657023

So I am in all day meetings today that I am leading. Commander Zout starts sending pics over around 10 to my phone which is pinging and I cant look at. Finally we get a BIO break and I am hanging out in the bathroom staring at my phone and some of the meeting attendees come in and what to know what is so exciting :0 I had to break down and tell a few of them what was going on and then the meeting diverted to military vehicles for 20 minutes!!!

Thank you Zout, it looks sweet, cant wait till we get the pink overlaid on the green.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I am in all day meetings today that I am leading. Commander Zout starts sending pics over around 10 to my phone which is pinging and I cant look at. Finally we get a BIO break and I am hanging out in the bathroom staring at my phone and some of the meeting attendees come in and what to know what is so exciting :0 I had to break down and tell a few of them what was going on and then the meeting diverted to military vehicles for 20 minutes!!!

Thank you Zout, it looks sweet, cant wait till we get the pink overlaid on the green.
You're using a vinyl over lay, correct? Something like Real tree or sponge bob, right? Can't wait to see how it sticks to that dull green paint, with or without brown/black high lights!

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG

I'm glad to see the Commander helps you keep your priorities straight.:beer:

zout

Thx o1951...appreciate it that I learned something over the years starting 1965 at Marv Johnsons Chopper Shop.

Should be getting the mirrors...grille insert and brush guard along with the bumper and rear bumper painted this weekend.

joshuak

Commander, figured I'd post up and say I'm a big fan of the "Project time again..." threads.The quality of your work is just as impressive as the quantity of it.

Thanks for taking the time to share some tricks of the trade, I certainly have learned a few things.
Rock on!:beer:

zout

Thank you Joshua. Glad I could assist you all well on the PM'S.

The end result is not talking to the folks picking up their completed units and sitting back and watch them for a while and their expressions...that is what makes it worth while.

I've added a lot of how I do it posts..might be right and might be wrong on how someone else does it...it's the end results that counts.
Appreciate you jumping in and posting up.