• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

37X12.5X16.5 HUMMER Wheels M1008?

Matt65

Isnt the way the passenger side is the "right" way to have them all the way around?
I have ready where this is correct, and where they are non-directional. Running each side opposite will help disguise the true direction of your trucks travel offroad!

bshupe

I think a lot of guys have gotten them off there and I did go and look. There are several varieties to choose from. I like the billet ones but they specifically note that they are not "hub-centric". Maybe this doesnt matter so much but I would think that having a machined part that fits snugly to the hub and is centered well enough to not vibrate would be preferable. I suppose the price would be double for that level of detail though.

Lug pattern is 8x6.5, right?

bshupe

So I was looking at the various suppliers noted on SS and it looks like EZ Accessory has the best price and by the looks of the photos their spacers have the most material on them which should ease my mind on the strength issue. - I also noted that "MOHAK DAVE" uses the spacers and he is a 4x4 desert racer type and has not issues with them at all.

I did notice that the spacers are available in 3" thickness. Has anyone ever tried these? Would they make the rubbing issue better or worse? I know with a wide tire like that getting the wheel out too far from the pivot point of the knuckle which may cause pre-mature failure of the bearings etc.

Thoughts on that?

Matt65

So I was looking at the various suppliers noted on SS and it looks like EZ Accessory has the best price and by the looks of the photos their spacers have the most material on them which should ease my mind on the strength issue. - I also noted that "MOHAK DAVE" uses the spacers and he is a 4x4 desert racer type and has not issues with them at all.

I did notice that the spacers are available in 3" thickness. Has anyone ever tried these? Would they make the rubbing issue better or worse? I know with a wide tire like that getting the wheel out too far from the pivot point of the knuckle which may cause pre-mature failure of the bearings etc.

Thoughts on that?
Your spacer thickness, wheel backspace, and width will all need to be considered together. With the welded inserts you can set your own backspacing, and eliminate the spacer all together.

My main negative with the spacers was the same as the two piece wheel, and runflat insert I cut out with a chain saw. These trucks do not have a lot of horsepower, and any increase in rotating mass deducts from that hp to the ground.Being able to spin and clean out all 4 tires is critical in red Alabama clay. Keeping fuel cost to a minimum is a plus too.

Attachments

Last edited:

bshupe

Your spacer thickness, wheel backspace, and width will all need to be considered together. With the welded inserts you can set your own backspacing, and eliminate the spacer all together.

My main negative with the spacers was the same as the two piece wheel, and runflat insert I cut out with a chain saw. These trucks do not have a lot of horsepower, and any increase in rotating mass deducts from that hp to the ground.Being able to spin and clean out all 4 tires is critical in red Alabama clay. Keeping fuel cost to a minimum is a plus too.

On the other hand, unsprung weight is beneficial to traction in non Alabama clay conditions. lol

Abbylind

Matt
When i threw the tires and rims on the truck I didnt really look at the tread....I noticed they were different when I took the pics...It rides, steers, and drives like a scalded dog!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the wheels pulled off, the truck's up on blocks and I remembered this thread so I took a few pictures. I know stone picker has these rims and tires. He's in Fla. These are the standard GM 37X12.5X16.5 HUMMER Wheels, Hope it helps.

Attachments

bshupe

By "wheels" do you mean tires? Looks like stock wheels and HMMWV tires. Not trying to be OCD just trying to understand.

Thanks for posting pics!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, the wheels/rims and tires are pulled off the truck. There is no need for a spacer. Just stock rims.

honestly... i dont believe there wouldnt be a difference, as its only .5" and the normal backspacing on a recentered H1 is.. i think 3.5" im not 100% sure..

So the question would really just pertain to your preference on which spacer in how you want wheel to sit inside wheel well.......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks