• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395/85r20 mraps tire rub issues

dezert ratt

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406390345.271773.jpg
I am just waiting on a shipment of 1" bolts. Then I will be putting on my new rims and tires.
So I articulated the rear suspension today, checking how far from the bed the tires get.
With stock 9.00 ndt tires, I have about 1 1/2 inches of clearance before the tire rubs the bottom of the bed. So my next question is, how bad do the 395's on mraps rub on the deuce and a half? I am not looking forward to chunking up my brand new tires on the bed ribs.
What have you guys done or experienced to get around this issue?
It looks like I can pretty easily make some solid spacers to lower the rubber bump stops, but then we're losing articulation.
Or I could tub the bed and keep full use of the rear suspension. Has anyone gone this far?

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have been running 395s for years. Never had issues with them rubbing and "chunking" on the rears. The fronts have torn up my louvers on the inner fenders though.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When they do rub, they rub on the outside curve of the bed reinforcements, not on a sharp edge. Just polished the metal some. I imagine it would be worse with quite a load on the truck but mine barely rubs with three quads and some coolers in the back. And that is that I know I have articulated the rear enough to alternately pick up each rear axle and tire sets. I saw an A3 go before me over the dirt berms that caused the articulation but his did not rub as he has a slightly shorter tire.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks