• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395's from Sam Winers on singled deuce!

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I stopped at Sam Winers yesterday to pick up some small items and look around for items not on my have to have list. To my surprise Winers had a new/almost new shipment of Goodyear MVT's in stock. The tires had teats all around and no ozone damage/cracks. Top that off with a very good price and I had to take some to go! He still has a nice selection for anyone looking for these tires. I had bought used 395 Michelin XML's from C&C Equipment in the recent past for one of my other trucks. They were the standard fare most places sell. Enough tread to get through the muck and enough cracks to keep me fom being happy or feeling safe riding on them. Wish I had the cash to replace the used XML's on my other truck

Attachments

Last edited:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They certainly DO look good. Even better on your truck.

Thanks Gimpyrobb!

I really like the open tread design of my XML's but, it seems I can never find a set good enough to throw on a truck and run long distance from home without tire trouble fears. I feel I can run anywhere on these new tires.

Attachments

Last edited:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When were you down there? :p
Monday afternoon I was looking at combat rims for my 915A1.
Sam Winers has been active in recent GL auctions, buying surplus parts. I got some clearance marker lights/lenses for my M348A2 trailer while there also. As for the tires, the more you buy, the better the price. I always call or speak to Robert Zetzer when dealing at Sam Winers. A link to the current ad below.
http://www.samwinermotors.com/PDF/RockAndDirt.pdf

Government Surplus

Attachments

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why are you displaying placards on the side of your truck?

The trailer had the placards on it when I won it on GL. Someone stole the one off the front and rear of the trailer before I picked it up at Wright-Patterson. The 101st ABN must have been using it to haul restricted material.

I was thinking of adding a "beer" decal to the white pages. Likely will just remove them next time I have a drill in hand and near the truck.

Attachments

Last edited:

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
The trailer had the placards on it when I won it on GL. Someone stole the one off the front and rear of the trailer before I picked it up at Wright-Patterson. The 101st ABN must have been using it to haul restricted material.
Why are you displaying the dangerous placard. if you get caught the fine is steep! you can read the law here 49 cfr 172.502 take it from someone that hauls hazmat every day. the fine could be more than your truck is worth. they don't play games with this. prime just got a 50,000.00 fine for displaying a placard on a truck that was not hauling hazmat. just letting you know! You can have the holders on the truck just have to have the white plate showing. with all the new laws going into affect the are looking for things like this to give them a reason to stop you.

Last edited:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why are you displaying the dangerous placard. if you get caught the fine is steep! you can read the law here 49 cfr 172.502 take it from someone that hauls hazmat every day. the fine could be more than your truck is worth. they don't play games with this. prime just got a 50,000.00 fine for displaying a placard on a truck that was not hauling hazmat. just letting you know!

State Patrol inspected the truck that way and didn't say anything, maybe they thought it described the owner/driver.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron, I have some spare placards if you want for your beer signs.
Thanks for the offer. Even though I can get myself into trouble it's nice to know there's someone willing to help me into it! Seems to me that there is a beer company that has a triangular logo/label. I'm unable to remember who it is.

rofl

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
State Patrol inspected the truck that way and didn't say anything, maybe they thought it described the owner/driver.
If they're not CFR trained they may not know. Even the "Drive Safely" placards aren't legal anymore. Be careful.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they're not CFR trained they may not know. Even the "Drive Safely" placards aren't legal anymore. Be careful.

I stopped driving regular Nov. 1987. Haven't read regulations book likely since. Didn't ever hear about the "drive safely" signs being outlawed too. I never got into hauling placard materials as such. Did over-sized loads, steel, freight and dump work. Come to think of it, 1987 probably was when I noticed the DOT boy's were starting to lose their sense of humor.
I don't remember if the pic of one of the 30 ton mixers I took into NY back in 1974 for the cement plant, for at the time new RT 17, was in Alfred Station or Almond. Bobbed tail home and picked up the next one. It usually took 6 trips to deliver a cement plant back then. I used to do a lot of trip leases back then and had a half dozen company signs in the door pocket.

My truck was a 1968 White 4000 with a Cummins 290 and a 13 speed.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks