• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395's from Sam Winers on singled deuce!

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was in the DOT business for 7 years. I left because the tide was changing, and it was losing focus on why we were there in the first place. Getting the bad trucks and drivers fixed was rapidly becoming writing as many citations as possible on each inspection. Of course, that's just my opinion.... Can't say I'm sorry I left.

The "Drive Safely" placards got the boot right around 2003-2004, I believe. They were said to be too easily confused with HazMat placards. Yeah...sure....

It seems we are in danger of committing a hijack. Sorry. Back to our regularly scheduled thread....

hey guys, robs a great guy to work with, hes been very patient and cool with me in all the times i went there with question before buying M37 parts, and i dropped a driveshaft off there for an estimate, and due to life i wasnt able to pick it up for a month or so. in that time, there was some confusion, and it ended up getting cut up... they found my parts, retubed it, and put in new u-joints, all for free!! ive been going there since i was a teen (grad in '95), and theyve always been great. i live about 15mins from there, so if anyone needed stuff, i can store some items at my place while you arrange pick-up so your item's not sold before you can get it. i'll give you any info about me, and rob can check it to verify, so you know im honest and legit... cant store big vehicle, but some tires and such would probably be ok... just throwing it out there if it will help any fellow S.S.er's...

Sutphensvc

There's also another place in Akron I used to haul equipment into, the guy who owns it is named Dave Kloner, he does/did have about 7 ambulances M37 canadian veriant. He also was dealing in gov gensets, 353 aluminum block detroits, and I am pretty sure had some LDT and LDS motors.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks