• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395's on stock 5 ton rims

350TacoZilla

Has anyone ever mounted 395 tires on the stock 923 rims (non a1-a2 wheels) .

I have seen deuce guys run them on their stock rims so I would think they would be fine on the stock dually rims , I do not plan to run them as duals as I know they would be too wide and too close together.

i plan to bob my 923 and that will leave me with 4 spare stock wheels, rather than just have them sitting around I thought they might be usable for the 395's I have for truck saving me few $$$ from having to buy 4 or 5 more fmtv wheels (plan on buying them for 16.00's) I currently have 1 fmtv wheel with a goodyear 395 on it and have 4 unmounted goodyears to go onto truck.

350TacoZilla

wreckerman I am talking about the split ring style, the bolt together ones are the a1-a2 ones. I'm thinking the 395s on stock rims for winter use and would just like to save little money from buying other wheels since I will have 4 stock ones leftover after bobbing truck down to 2 axles. If i remember correctly g177's are also a tubeless tire but have tubes in them because of the rim design, I have seen where the deuce guys run a firestone 13.00-14.00 tube in the 395's on split rings and seem to have 0 issues with them.

ty all for replies I'm looking forward to trying it as I also want to either use the 4 spare 177's on my pickup or possible sell and recoup bit of money spent on 923.

350TacoZilla

ty guys I figured rim would be on narrow side but having seen all the deuce guys raving about how they loved the 395s (on their stock rims) I figured it would be worth looking into.

350TacoZilla

I have actually had that exact same thought I would like the g177's more if they were on a standard rim, I think some med duty box trucks came with 20" rims in correct bolt pattern but doubt they are stud pilot.

also I know size isnt everything but the 177's just look little small on the 939 trucks, I think they would be perfect for most deuce guys (even bobbed and singled)

ranchhopper

If you are planning on doing any parades with the truck dont use the stock split rims when that ring comes off in pieces into a crowd it could get ugly with the litigation and having to live with unintentionally hurting an innocent kid or other bystander.

ranchhopper

Im talking about putting tires on rims they dont belong on 395s dont belong on standard five ton rims combat wheels or HEMTT rims are fine having stock tires on split rims are fine thats what they are made for but putting tires on rims not designed for them is not a good idea. That being said what ever way the OP wants to go is fine its a free country just stating the danger that could happen in crowded areas if one decided to grenade.

350TacoZilla

if I ran 395s on stock rims they would have less PSI in them then stock there would also be 6 rims less than stock so I think chances of a split rim ring blowing off is slim to none compared to a stock truck the military feels is safe with thousands of pounds of cargo and split rings. I do agree that split rims can be dangerous but usually only when mounting them up or filling tires.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
395 is about 46"
1400 is about 48"

They have been put on A1 rims, but they are not spec'd to work. If something were to go wrong, you would be on the hook legally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks