• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395's on stock 5 ton rims

350TacoZilla

you sure? I have never seen a a1 with anything other than the 2 piece 5 ton combat style rims and 14.00's, same with a2 trucks. I thought only the plain jane 939 trucks got split rims. Biggest difference I saw between fmtv wheels and the a1's was the number of bolts holding them together and the way the two halves bolt together.

jd 9760

also a 395 is wider than a 14.00 A1 rims are almost identical to the fmtv rims the 395's come from.

So which looks better on the truck in your opinions. The wider shorter 395 or the taller 1400? I have seen pictures of trucks with what looks like bigger wider tires on them. Does anyone know what these might have been? I'm just curious because it looked real nice. I dont personnally think I owuld spend the money but you never know and it never hurts to ask!
`

350TacoZilla

I personally think the 395's look better than the 14.00's. The bigger ones you are seeing are probably the 16.00r20's or the odd ball 15.5r20's, 16.00's are 53 tall. I also have a set of 425/65/22.5 rig tires that I think will look nice on the 923 they are 43 tall and about 17 wide.

EDIT: I have couple pic's from SS members with 395's.

Attachments

Last edited:

350TacoZilla

No I actually ended up getting a set of the 16.00's and fmtv wheels so I never did try. I have seen around 10 deuces with the 395's on their stock rims and I believe the stock 5 ton rims are about an inch wider than the deuce's so I think it is do-able as everyone else has said its just a liability issue if you ever did have a problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks