• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395s WILL fit on a stock Deuce!!!

biglerboyz

Just wanted to add, if you're planning on using the 395's on a bobbed deuce with 105 bed and flipped hubs, you need to tub the wheel wells as the tires will rub. The bobbed deuce we are currently building will have the 395's with 4" mini tub on each side.

Texas Diesel

OK, newbie quick question(s): Thinking of putting 395's on my Duece using stock rims (I think). 395's would be 395/85R20's. Do these use tubes and flaps (not sure what those are but sure to find out)? Also, if I found some A3 rims to use instead of stock, do those use tubes? Is a 395 a MVT (?) tire or different? Thank you!:???:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
OK, newbie quick question(s): Thinking of putting 395's on my Duece using stock rims (I think). 395's would be 395/85R20's. Do these use tubes and flaps (not sure what those are but sure to find out)? Also, if I found some A3 rims to use instead of stock, do those use tubes? Is a 395 a MVT (?) tire or different? Thank you!:???:

The stock deuce a2 deuce wheel (split rim) requires flaps and tubes. Flaps are there to protect the tire from erosion, heat, and keeping the valve stem in place.

A3 wheels do not require a tube or flap. You can also find recentered HEMTT wheels that will fit the deuce lug pattern.

Questions:

I know there has been several threads on whether 395/85-r20s will fit the axle spacing or not, and if the tire can be installed on a stock wheel. On this set, I used the stock 9.00 tubes. Several sets we have done since, I have installed new 11.00 or 13.00 tubes.

Answer is YES on both questions!!! LOL Just did this one today-- its a Beast!

There are opinions that say you cant do it, some will say its not a good idea, but I am here to say that it is possible, and it looks baddass!:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

(six smilies for 6 wheels!)

Here are a few pics---
Are those the 46", 49", or the 53"? And do you have them in stock?

An idea?

Just wanted to add, if you're planning on using the 395's on a bobbed deuce with 105 bed and flipped hubs, you need to tub the wheel wells as the tires will rub. The bobbed deuce we are currently building will have the 395's with 4" mini tub on each side.
Instead of tubbing the bed, why not just put two full length 4"x2" steel tube spacers under the bed to get the clearance you need for the tires? Also by spacing up the bed you can service the fuel tank sender and pump without having to dismount the tank. Weld your spacers to the bed, then bolt the rear of the bed spacers down to the frame, and use the long bolts with the springs from the front of the stock deuce bed mounts to mount the front of the M105 bed. This way, when you get off road, you still get the frame articulation that keeps all four of those big ol tires on the ground. I've seen bobbers get off road and have traction issues because the bed was bolted down solid to the frame adding rigidity to the chassis and not allowing it to articulate. Remember, frame flex is your friend!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks