• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395s WILL fit on a stock Deuce!!!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
808, mine are on stock rims. They have worked fine. I am in the midst of adapting some hemtt rims to fit on the deuce so I can eliminate the steering arm rub on the driver's side front.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could the OP or anyone else who has done this provide any info regarding power loss with the larger tires?
I am especially interested in how the truck performs when loaded.
I would like to put these on my truck, but I don't want to be going up hills in 1st gear with a load...

Thanks!
I have the 46" tires on my Deuce, I had turned up the pump one turn and installed a pyrometer before putting on the new tires.

I find that it is a little too high geared now to comfortable start in 2nd gear, but on the road the power seems the same. I still pull steep hills in southern Oregon at 30 MPH, and can go 65-70 MPH on the flats if I push it. I only get 5 MPG when I do that though.

kastein

How much are 11.00x20s? I saw 9x20s on your site but my 5ton runs 11s stock, and there is no way I'm going down in size... 50mph top (I like to keep the tach down, having enough engine problems as it is) is bad enough!

I can't decide between throwing another set of stock 11x20s on it, or signing the contents of my wallet away for a set of 46" 395/85r20s and 10-hole rims to fit them on an M54A2. Fairly certain the 395s won't fit dualed on stock rims.

How much do you think shipping for 7 395s or 10 11x20s to 01605 would be?

ARYankee

Wow!!! I just read through this thread and now I'm for sure wanting to do this. I just got to get some tires :) Hundy you have any contacts close to Arkansas? Also what is the recommended tube size? I'm going with the stock rims and flaps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks