• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4 wheel steering on a deuce?anyone done it?

jesusgatos

Just meaning that relatively speaking, it doesn't sound like it would be too difficult. The framerails are straight (from front-to-back when looking from the top-down) and the axles are pretty much interchangeable. So you just need to check wheel/tire clearance through the whole range of suspension travel, and then decide how you want to tackle the rear-steer.

mudguppy

gotcha do u know anything about psc full hydro seering kit its what i plan to use
got the PSC kit on the front of my truck - i love it!! [thumbzup]

i am actually contemplating this same thing (rear steer) since i now have the truck and some spare steer axles. because of how well the turning radius currently is, i'm not really all that sure that it would be that large of an advantage.

i will say this, however; if i do it i will use a seperate hydro pump to power the rear system. the front of my truck is so heavy that right now it's about all the system can handle, so i'd rather not tax the pump any more than it already is.

Attachments

deuce_09

yea i saw ur build pics. nice job man i likted'it:-D
heres another question..
if i still wanted tandem axles,could i possibly run tandem steering axles?
im sure pcs dont make a kit for that but my idea was to put a"T"joint in in the hose between the two axes and run them to both cylinders..if ther is such thing as a "T" joint:?:
but IF there is one and IF that'll work that will make it to where both axles turn at the same time.....maybe?

frodobaggins

Two steering axles, sure. You just got to figure out the geometry and such to make it work right. And if you do get it working, you will be required to post it up, because one day I plan to make an 8x8, and would like two steering front axles :)

deuce_09

and i guess u will be required to post that too huh?
mannn u got me thinking about how badass tandem steering front and rear axles would be...:drool:

Last edited:

deuce_09

O frodobaggins, i was talking to a buddy about 4ws on a rock crawler and he said that psc sells a kit for 4ws that has the option of auto centering and if ur only going to have full hydro steering on two axles that would probably be the best thing..:?:
just a suggestion..

Last edited:

russ81

Your clearance issues will all depend on your wheels. The more back spacing, the more clearance to the frame. I'm running 6" of back spacing on 12" wide wheels with the 52" tires, and have good clearance.

Has anyone mentioned the issue with 4 wheel steering at high speeds? Id sure want a way to lock it out, or pin the rear in place perfectly straight for when im driving between off road play grounds.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks