• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

42-43 Michelin XLs on Deuce - Pics needed

andybritt2002

Hey guys .. Ive tried searching to get what I needed but cannot find any pics of the 42-43 inch Michelin XLs on the duece to see what they look like. Ive got a friend selling 6 of the tires on rims fairly cheap but am curious to how they will make mine look. I know the exact size of the tire is 14.5 r20. I have a m35a2 duece. Thanks...

andybritt2002

thanks, that looks pretty good, so you didnt have any problems on the street with 46"s ? This duece will most likely be on the road or offroad rarely without a lot of articulation

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No problems as of yet and I have driven them 1000s of miles. My drag link rubs on hard right turns, dunno if the smaller tires will or not. Its a small issue compared to all the improvements. imho.

andybritt2002

ah hard descision .. guy i know is selling the 6 on the stock wheels for $1000. seems to be a good deal to me. 4 of the 6 are brand new never run, the other 2 are like new 95% or so. I dont have a choice of size but almost rather hold off for the bigger version. how did they perform compared to NDT ?

gimpyrobb

Better road speed and they fit in the spare tire location. One of my 395s will not with out major modifications. Get them, that is a deal. I spent that much in tires plus 450 for tubes.

Alredneck

Banned
Gimp you got robbed on the tubes!

Apoc same like Gimpys, 14.5s should save what few headaches we have with the 395s.

gimpyrobb

$65 tube isn't THAT much more than 50. I got 7. I have shipping in there too. Anyway, I'm getting some hemtt rims modded so tubes will be a non-issue soon.

baxter

After what I went through last night trying to put 395's on stock rims I am also going to do hemtt rims as soon as I can get the money. What is the trick to getting the last little bit of that D*** ring inplace is soap required?I feel like this afterwords:deadhorse:

gimpyrobb

Mine actually went together pretty easy. I was worried about pinching a tube so I sprayed some silicone(bfs) on the tire/rim when putting it together.

baxter

The first one went together great the next one Im still working on, we got the ring on but about the last 10" just wont go in and it looks like the ring is pushing the beed down and not sliding under the beed so we tried another ring same problem so mabey some silicon or soap?

rwoods

Hey guys .. Ive tried searching to get what I needed but cannot find any pics of the 42-43 inch Michelin XLs on the duece to see what they look like. Ive got a friend selling 6 of the tires on rims fairly cheap but am curious to how they will make mine look. I know the exact size of the tire is 14.5 r20. I have a m35a2 duece. Thanks...

Look at an A3, just don't look up further than the front fender as it is hard on your eyes. :wink:

andybritt2002

Thats cool, I Like that tread pattern and pretty cool he kept the dually part. Id like that setup myself, the bigger tires in front and the skinnier duallys in the back, but my pickins' are slim. Around my area its hard to get military tires that arent already worn out, if you can even find those. and paying shipping from anywhere usually kills the deal.

PS - Really appreciate the helpful comments .. never is fun getting flamed :cookoo:
im a member of some other forums for 4x4 chevy stuff and if your not a guru, you better not open your mouth or ask any questions lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks