• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

42-43 Michelin XLs on Deuce - Pics needed

DeuceNewb

73x are 43" XL tires, just they are 11r20's. I really want the dual 11r20's in the back and 14.5r20's in the front
you realize that if you do that, you can never engage the front axle drive, or you will blow up the transfer case. On a 4x4, or 6x6 in this case, tire size HAS to be the same on each axle, unless you adjust the gear ratios accordingly

Farmun

you realize that if you do that, you can never engage the front axle drive, or you will blow up the transfer case. On a 4x4, or 6x6 in this case, tire size HAS to be the same on each axle, unless you adjust the gear ratios accordingly

Actually, only the diameter has to be the same, or very, very near. That's what you meant, right?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

14.50s are the same diameter as the 1100s, just wider. Its a different aspect ratio than usual thats all. The 15.5 G20 tires are the same height as my 385 tires. No worries, 14.50 front/dual 1100s out back are fine for your 6x6.

DeuceNewb

whoops brain fart on my part. Darn military tires and their different way of sizes. I thought he meant 14.00's, as in the same size rating as 9.00, 11.00, and 16 grrr now i feel dumb *hits himself in the head*

Preacherboy

there are pictures of a couple of trucks around here with the 14.5's on the front and 11's in dual on the back. They look reallycool and no one is complaining about blown transfer cases yet!