• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

42 Sterling?

Jeff Lakaszcyck

Please post pictures if you can. I take it by "duece and a half" you mean 6x6 ? It is most likely either a DDS150 7-1/2 tonner or a DDS235 10 tonner. The DDS235 will have Cleco Air springs on the front, the DDS150 does not. If it has a setback front axle and air springs it is a DDS225 which were airfield crash trucks. Most of the DDS235's were wreckers, similar to the C-2's.

Last edited:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff thanks for posting those pics, EXTREMELY high on the COOL factor those are all really neat looking trucks!!! Man I hope I dont find one of those someday, I think I would pay way to much just to have it!
KK

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
That is the remnants of a Garwood Crane. It had a very long boom, longer than the Ward LaFrance boom.

John G
Looks like the boom is all there, it was a TWO section boom with the inner sliding out, being pinned where it is needed, looks like the swing out, drop down riggers are missing, that truck was a airfield tractor/wrecker, It had a fifth wheel and pulled a 12ton recovery trailer, these days you do not see many of these cranes, let alone with the over the cab frame work and the forward guys.

That would look great next to my m819 tractor/wrecker, the one of the first and the last T/W

Last edited:

emr

Even the 2 and a half tons were NOT deuce and a half's back then :) Just an fyi, I know i like to know what the correct terms are, so its always worth sharing them, And yes thats a super nice truck, But bigger than a two and a half ww2 cargo truck. :) the term deuce and a half started with the M series.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Combine the two trucks, plus a WW2 fifth wheel, make NICE WW2 airfeild tractor wrecker

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks