• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

465 multi fuel?

blackxj

Are all 465's multi fueled? Just noticed one of my trucks tanks has diesel only stenciled on it. I never have seen that.:?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most likely your FDC has been bypassed. all that really means is, you will not have linear power output with fuels of various viscosities. Not a big deal.

The FDC does not make it a multi fuel engine. It just helps keep even power output with various fuels.

btw, the LDT 465 is actually 478 cubic inches!

Last edited:

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
and you are better in the long run to use just diesel. while it will burn many other fuels, the fuel lubes and cools the HH .
tom

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
With the price of fuel headed north again at an alarming rate the muti-fuel is going to get real popular.
One of the "Stop and Robs" near me is charging $3.15 a gallon....that is an over twenty cent per gallon increase in less than two weeks.
I'm glad I got several hundred gallons of VMO and WVO stashed.

Heavysteven

Yep, price of diesel is going up. This is probally going leave a lot of trucks sitting. $160 for a fill up.

I have always burned straight diesel, as directed by the "diesel only" sticker located on the oil canister. Go back through the threads and start to count the number of break downs and no starts by useing alternative fuels.

197thhhc

Its just a line bypassed. Easy to reconnect. But it doesnt make much difference. We use filtered WMO thinned for the winter with a little gasoline. No problems runs great. Costs about .30 cents per gallon.

oddshot

Are all 465's multi fueled? Just noticed one of my trucks tanks has diesel only stenciled on it. I never have seen that.:?
Hey Blackie ...

Do a search on this forum for "multi-fuel" ... there's been a whole lot of info posted here on that topic.

You might also want to search "WMO" too ... a lot of them threads talk about mixing various ratios of WMO with diesel or kero or gasoline ... in various conditions and such.

oddshot

boblester40

With the price of fuel headed north again at an alarming rate the muti-fuel is going to get real popular.
One of the "Stop and Robs" near me is charging $3.15 a gallon....that is an over twenty cent per gallon increase in less than two weeks.
I'm glad I got several hundred gallons of VMO and WVO stashed.

Now thats just showing off , £1.34 a litre! in the uk at the moment :cry:

Jimma

I have been told to leave it bypassed. Its better and does not risk the fuel in the oil issue. Also diesel in my area of GA is around $3.29-$3.39 and offroad diesel is around $2.91 a gallon. Gasoline today is like $3.08 at most places. Drive accross the SC boarder and its $2.90.

poof

Dirty Hippie
hello,

I have a question:
I have a Continental LDT 465 1C engine with a 3LJ-319 turbo ( whistler )
I need a rebuild kit or a overhaul kit for my turbo?

do you have any information for me?
welcome to SS.. see that you are located in the netherlands.. there might be a problem shipping military parts out of USA.. but maybe start a post in the want ad's or a seprate post of your own.. would get some responces from guys with the parts you seek.:driver:
J.P.

Varyag

I run 90 to 100% wmo in my truck and it had the diesel only sticker on the oil canister before I changed it out. I think it sounds a lot better on oil and seems to run about the same. There is a little bit of power loss when you get up into the 100% range on motor/gear oil. ATF is like sweet honey to them though.