• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4a032 powered air comp

coyote62ny

i have a post on here on how and what to use to coat these floats. the carb is the same as the 1ao8 and 2ao16 the float is made of foam and swells when used in ethonol gas . once you coat the float you should run all ethonol gas out by shutting off the fuel and let run till it quits just to be safe. i have coated 8 of these floats and havent had a problem since.i think my post was titled 1ao8/2ao16 float fix. hope this helps

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have a post on here on how and what to use to coat these floats. the carb is the same as the 1ao8 and 2ao16 the float is made of foam and swells when used in ethonol gas . once you coat the float you should run all ethonol gas out by shutting off the fuel and let run till it quits just to be safe. i have coated 8 of these floats and havent had a problem since.i think my post was titled 1ao8/2ao16 float fix. hope this helps
Thanks, will look it up and try it. Do you know if once the float swells, does it stay swollen, when dry, or does it shrink back to original size when the gas evaporates?

Found it: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/auxiliary-equipment/76541-1ao8-2ao16-4ao32-float-fix.html

Last edited:

jbk

the float is ruined once exposed to the ethanol fuel. i still have the unmodified float on mine. their are several places that sell the 100% gasoline close to me so i just dont use the ethanol blend in this engine.

coyote62ny

i have dryed the floats out after they swell it takes about 2 weeks or longer to totally dry out. they will return to almost there origenal size just make shure the float does not rub on the floatbowl if it does sand it down so you have good clearance and then coat the float well. you can tell when the float is dry by squeezing it when it swells it will get soft and mushey when it drys out it will be hard and you wont be able to feel the mushey feeling it had when swelled up.

Welder Sam

Citizensoldier, easiest way i can tell you the measurements is to add 1" to the height of each pulley and 1" to the outside length across both pulleys. I think mine is 31.5" across and 19.5" tall at the compressor pulley. Had several things going on so this is an if i recall deal. Things are hectic here.

I did see its a 68 HGR5-8M1. I didnt see a pic of this style with the big fuel tank. This one has it. Need some mufflers or 1" 90's to get the exhaust out of my face. Pointing it up may make it seem quieter too?... geez.. i can imagine the racket of running the welder, compressor, and wrecker all at once... hope the neighbors have ear plugs for dinner time!

Welder Sam

I had a guys card but lost it. I need one for mine also, I will make a couple of calls and get his name and number. The carbs are out there and price is not bad.

Rick
Thanks! Guel pumps for $20-30 are gravy to find but $70-75+ for a carb. I always figured mule carbs would be the higher of the 2. Ive got a few of those that i got for $40 shipped.

Noticed yesterday that all the shafts were leaking on this one.

rickf

I talked to this guy at Gilbert and he did not have any there but he does have them. He told me around 40.00 for them NOS. I have to get in touch with a friend of mine who knows him and will have his number.

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks