• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4th Semi-Annual Texas MV Rally

ALASKA BOUND

Pencil me in too. I am going tomorrow to look at a deuce in F.Worth. If everything goes as planned, I will be a MV owner by the end of the week:beer:
Also, where can I get parts near DFW area should I need to? I image I will need some for a 4-5hr drive to the rally.

Last edited:

ALASKA BOUND

hope everything works out for you alaska! is that the deuce on craigslist?
:deadhorse:
Yes. I just got home from testin her out. It is completely painted green now and looks much better (behr blend from this site). Everything seems to be OK with it, except.
I asked about the brakes to see if he had replaced anything, and he said he had never had any problems with them. So, I asked if he would take me for a test ride. We started down the road and he hit the brakes and they did not work. We had to swerve off the road to avoid taking out a little smart car looking rig. Luckily we weren't going but about 10 MPH. He proceeds to tell me that had never happened before, and the brakes seem to be working again so we continue while I ready myself for whatever happens next. We complete the test drive with no further excitement.
What would make the brakes work intermittently like that?
I assume it is very common to see some oil leaking (small amount) from the motor and trans area, correct?
The only other thing wrong, that I could see, was the front axle seal was leaking and the boot was torn. How much does it cost for seals?
I told him I would think about it.
What do you think, he wants 4K for it?

Sorry for posting this here, I know it is probably not the right spot. But anjay22 asked, so blame him:razz:

Barrman

We don't seem to have people signing up like crazy with just 16 days to go. We might actually be losing people. That means the cost per person is going to stay pretty darn high. Or go higher.

Jennifer totalled our family Suburban last week. She is about back to healthy again. But, that has me real money conscious. Colton can't attend either due to a school band competition that is part of his class grade. Since my military vehicles are now my family daily drivers, I really don't want to break anything playing on the trails.

I really enjoy the fellowship, but paying $50 or more to stay 2 nights away from home just to visit with a few people is getting real hard to justify.

Is there still a lot of interest in this or should we just call this one off and stick to an annual March gathering the same weekend as Brent Mullins?

Thoughts?

nofearnohope

I am currently aware of 21 people attending. This puts the cost at $31 per person, assuming everyone that signed up, shows up. There will not be a cost to cancel.

Barrman, I'm sorry to hear about the suburban loss and glad to hear Jennifer is feeling better. Let me know if we can help any.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks