• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5.9 Cummins Motor Source

rizzo

I have a 6bt with a 727 and 205 attached to it. I was going to have a racer build the 727, but I just got offered a running school bus with and 6bt / allison in it. any have any idea on the range of allisons they put in the buses and if it they had overdrives? I'm guessing the bus motor will have the air pump and the better fuel pump.

I was thinking of taking the other 6bt and putting it in the 108 and selling the trans /205 combo

mudguppy

... any have any idea on the range of allisons they put in the buses and if it they had overdrives? ...
wow, that's pretty tall. um, i know you'll be able to find a slew of at545s, but i'm sure later model buses will have lockup trannies and some may have OD; impossible to say without knowing the year of bus you're getting.

... I'm guessing the bus motor will have the air pump ...
again, that will totally depend on the year - it won't have a compressor if it has hydraulic brakes.

... and the better fuel pump. ...
lift pump or injection pump? won't matter, they'll be the same as on any other cummins of that vintage; nothing special over the dodge trucks. though, some may be at the 210hp rating and some real rare opportunities to find a 230hp motor. of course, all of this is moot because any cummins can be turned up with sooper-simple mods.