• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton back up light install

cornrichard

I put a back up light on the 817 today. I removed the 90 deg. fitting from the reverse sprag air line. I replaced it with a t from an air compressor. I then put a straight 1/4 by 3/8 compression fitting in one end. I installed a SL-4, Bendix #228600, air brake switch in the other end. I installed a generic back up light I got at napa in the back. I removed the 1157 bulb and replaced it with a 1683 bulb that is rated for 28 volts. I ran the rest of the circuit right off the battery with a circuit breaker installed. Let there be back up light.

Attachments

cornrichard

The plumbing parts were from lowes and cost about 5 bucks. I bought a card of light bulbs off the internet for $12 plus shipping. I also got 24 volt bulbs for the 3 light bar above the back up light. I got the switch for under $20. Just google search sl4 brake light switch.

goldneagle

Thank you for the great info. It is just what I have been looking for. i am gonna put a backup buzzer in the rear of my M820A2.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks