• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton back up light install

cornrichard

I put a back up light on the 817 today. I removed the 90 deg. fitting from the reverse sprag air line. I replaced it with a t from an air compressor. I then put a straight 1/4 by 3/8 compression fitting in one end. I installed a SL-4, Bendix #228600, air brake switch in the other end. I installed a generic back up light I got at napa in the back. I removed the 1157 bulb and replaced it with a 1683 bulb that is rated for 28 volts. I ran the rest of the circuit right off the battery with a circuit breaker installed. Let there be back up light.

Attachments

cornrichard

The plumbing parts were from lowes and cost about 5 bucks. I bought a card of light bulbs off the internet for $12 plus shipping. I also got 24 volt bulbs for the 3 light bar above the back up light. I got the switch for under $20. Just google search sl4 brake light switch.

goldneagle

Thank you for the great info. It is just what I have been looking for. i am gonna put a backup buzzer in the rear of my M820A2.