• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton from GA to NM

area52

I bought this back in September and am still struggling to get it home.

Its a M54A1 that runs and drive but needs to be trailered home. Anyone know a shipper that can do this?

thanks

Rocco

I live here in VA and I have had 2 deuces shipped from FL and PA, and for some reason
I have found it cheaper to call towing guys that are located near your truck.
Definitely call around till you get a cheaper price.

saddamsnightmare

November 22nd, 2007.

You may want to contact Jeff Benveniste at Four Corners Auto Transport in Vancoulver,WA (they're on the web), but I emphasize that you tell him the weight,height length & width absolutely. They've hauled my Unimog from Chicago to Texas for $827.00 and my M35A2 from Colorado to here (1100 miles for $1129.00), but on the last one the auto mover almost bit off more then he could chew, as he pulled the M35 and a four door jeep on his trailer pulled by a Chevy 1-1/2 PU, and found that 45MPH was all he could do! I guess theguy didn't belive that M35's were that heavy!!! Jeff can probably get you a conventional lowboy on the return to your area at a good rate- that's how they moved the Unimog due to its overall height (front bed cover bows were welded in place by the Swiss to strengthen the assembly- it guarantees a 112"+ height. Jeff's a broker, but he's always upfront and moved whatever I had to offer quickly, safely and cheaply.
Regards,

Kyle F. McGrogan
owner of Saddam's Nightmare, Desert Storm veteran M35A2 Wo/W(1971)
Kaiser-Jeep, & 1963 Swiss Unimog 404.114

area52

saddamsnightmare said:
November 22nd, 2007.

You may want to contact Jeff Benveniste at Four Corners Auto Transport in Vancoulver,WA (they're on the web), but I emphasize that you tell him the weight,height length & width absolutely. They've hauled my Unimog from Chicago to Texas for $827.00 and my M35A2 from Colorado to here (1100 miles for $1129.00), but on the last one the auto mover almost bit off more then he could chew, as he pulled the M35 and a four door jeep on his trailer pulled by a Chevy 1-1/2 PU, and found that 45MPH was all he could do! I guess theguy didn't belive that M35's were that heavy!!! Jeff can probably get you a conventional lowboy on the return to your area at a good rate- that's how they moved the Unimog due to its overall height (front bed cover bows were welded in place by the Swiss to strengthen the assembly- it guarantees a 112"+ height. Jeff's a broker, but he's always upfront and moved whatever I had to offer quickly, safely and cheaply.
Regards,

Kyle F. McGrogan
owner of Saddam's Nightmare, Desert Storm veteran M35A2 Wo/W(1971)
Kaiser-Jeep, & 1963 Swiss Unimog 404.114
found their website and sent a quote online, will call on Monday.

thanks for the info

area52

If anyone knows of a shipment needing hauled back from New Mexico to the east (Georgia), please let me or jwaller know. I think if he can get a back haul we might be able to do this finally!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks