• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton from GA to NM

area52

I bought this back in September and am still struggling to get it home.

Its a M54A1 that runs and drive but needs to be trailered home. Anyone know a shipper that can do this?

thanks

Rocco

I live here in VA and I have had 2 deuces shipped from FL and PA, and for some reason
I have found it cheaper to call towing guys that are located near your truck.
Definitely call around till you get a cheaper price.

saddamsnightmare

November 22nd, 2007.

You may want to contact Jeff Benveniste at Four Corners Auto Transport in Vancoulver,WA (they're on the web), but I emphasize that you tell him the weight,height length & width absolutely. They've hauled my Unimog from Chicago to Texas for $827.00 and my M35A2 from Colorado to here (1100 miles for $1129.00), but on the last one the auto mover almost bit off more then he could chew, as he pulled the M35 and a four door jeep on his trailer pulled by a Chevy 1-1/2 PU, and found that 45MPH was all he could do! I guess theguy didn't belive that M35's were that heavy!!! Jeff can probably get you a conventional lowboy on the return to your area at a good rate- that's how they moved the Unimog due to its overall height (front bed cover bows were welded in place by the Swiss to strengthen the assembly- it guarantees a 112"+ height. Jeff's a broker, but he's always upfront and moved whatever I had to offer quickly, safely and cheaply.
Regards,

Kyle F. McGrogan
owner of Saddam's Nightmare, Desert Storm veteran M35A2 Wo/W(1971)
Kaiser-Jeep, & 1963 Swiss Unimog 404.114

area52

saddamsnightmare said:
November 22nd, 2007.

You may want to contact Jeff Benveniste at Four Corners Auto Transport in Vancoulver,WA (they're on the web), but I emphasize that you tell him the weight,height length & width absolutely. They've hauled my Unimog from Chicago to Texas for $827.00 and my M35A2 from Colorado to here (1100 miles for $1129.00), but on the last one the auto mover almost bit off more then he could chew, as he pulled the M35 and a four door jeep on his trailer pulled by a Chevy 1-1/2 PU, and found that 45MPH was all he could do! I guess theguy didn't belive that M35's were that heavy!!! Jeff can probably get you a conventional lowboy on the return to your area at a good rate- that's how they moved the Unimog due to its overall height (front bed cover bows were welded in place by the Swiss to strengthen the assembly- it guarantees a 112"+ height. Jeff's a broker, but he's always upfront and moved whatever I had to offer quickly, safely and cheaply.
Regards,

Kyle F. McGrogan
owner of Saddam's Nightmare, Desert Storm veteran M35A2 Wo/W(1971)
Kaiser-Jeep, & 1963 Swiss Unimog 404.114
found their website and sent a quote online, will call on Monday.

thanks for the info

area52

If anyone knows of a shipment needing hauled back from New Mexico to the east (Georgia), please let me or jwaller know. I think if he can get a back haul we might be able to do this finally!!