• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton pintle hitch photo needed

yeager1

I just picked up a 1990 International 6x6 dump truck, it is a former Navy truck. The factory pintle heigth is 36", which is too high for what I want to do with it, so I am thinking about a M series 5 ton hitch to mount to the rear of the truck to drop it down, just seems easier then building something. In addition to the 4 bolts shown in this picture, what other mounting bolts does it have? A picture would be helpfull. Thanks!

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you look at the exploded views in the TMs?

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There seems to be a separate/different picture for each variant of truck, so look them all over.

yeager1

I did not look, the TM for my duece is so-so on individual part views, so I didn't even think to look. Is it in one of them?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Click on the picture I posted above.

Notice the TM number. That is one of the 5 ton TMs.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I just picked up a 1990 International 6x6 dump truck, it is a former Navy truck. The factory pintle heigth is 36", which is too high for what I want to do with it, so I am thinking about a M series 5 ton hitch to mount to the rear of the truck to drop it down, just seems easier then building something. In addition to the 4 bolts shown in this picture, what other mounting bolts does it have? A picture would be helpfull. Thanks!
The pic you posted is of a 5t TRACTOR pintle and mount

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks