• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton pintle hitch photo needed

yeager1

I just picked up a 1990 International 6x6 dump truck, it is a former Navy truck. The factory pintle heigth is 36", which is too high for what I want to do with it, so I am thinking about a M series 5 ton hitch to mount to the rear of the truck to drop it down, just seems easier then building something. In addition to the 4 bolts shown in this picture, what other mounting bolts does it have? A picture would be helpfull. Thanks!

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you look at the exploded views in the TMs?

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There seems to be a separate/different picture for each variant of truck, so look them all over.

yeager1

I did not look, the TM for my duece is so-so on individual part views, so I didn't even think to look. Is it in one of them?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Click on the picture I posted above.

Notice the TM number. That is one of the 5 ton TMs.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I just picked up a 1990 International 6x6 dump truck, it is a former Navy truck. The factory pintle heigth is 36", which is too high for what I want to do with it, so I am thinking about a M series 5 ton hitch to mount to the rear of the truck to drop it down, just seems easier then building something. In addition to the 4 bolts shown in this picture, what other mounting bolts does it have? A picture would be helpfull. Thanks!
The pic you posted is of a 5t TRACTOR pintle and mount