• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5-ton power steering pump

derby

The shaft and bearing housing look too long. The one simp5782 has in his photo is the correct pump for a Multi engine. You may be able to mount a pulley on it and fab a bracket for a belt drive?
I have found that alot of pumps have similar model numbers with a different suffix. And that can be the rotation, mounting flange, GPM or shaft configuration.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Or call TGR performance in Texas. They can make a power steering pump, small with alot of pressure and flow with remote tank for pretty cheap.

benand117

That's the thing I found a break down of vickers pump numbers and that pump has the same gpm working pressure relief pressure rotation and shaft as the ones everyone else is using. And it's only $150. Also I need to mount it on the injection pump because I'm running out of under hood room. I already have a belt drivin pump with an electric clutch mounted. But that runs the dump bed and the winch. I need the gear driven one for power steering.

Jeepjake

pump gear and adapter housing

TNJ Murray also has gears and housing adapters that you can bolt the vickers pump to, I believe it is a standard bolt flange. As far as the pump specification I can not confirm. but you might look here , it is a great thread for a power steering conversion on the deuce with some info on the 5-ton pump.

cheers
Jeep

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does this look like the right pump to you guys?
It's a vickers, the number is VTM-42-50-45-15-MF-L1-14-S4. .......
That IS the correct pump! (I have one that I purchased from the same seller.)
But is there supposed to be a gear on the end?
If you want to mount it to the Multifuel, YES, you'll need the gear, here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-...f-power-steering-pump-m35a2-8.html#post959341; also the washer & nut and the adapter housing, of course.

G.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I got one too, glad I kept the gear and adapter off my busted one. Someone needs to find a stash of these gears and mounts!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks