• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5-ton power steering pump

derby

The shaft and bearing housing look too long. The one simp5782 has in his photo is the correct pump for a Multi engine. You may be able to mount a pulley on it and fab a bracket for a belt drive?
I have found that alot of pumps have similar model numbers with a different suffix. And that can be the rotation, mounting flange, GPM or shaft configuration.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Or call TGR performance in Texas. They can make a power steering pump, small with alot of pressure and flow with remote tank for pretty cheap.

benand117

That's the thing I found a break down of vickers pump numbers and that pump has the same gpm working pressure relief pressure rotation and shaft as the ones everyone else is using. And it's only $150. Also I need to mount it on the injection pump because I'm running out of under hood room. I already have a belt drivin pump with an electric clutch mounted. But that runs the dump bed and the winch. I need the gear driven one for power steering.

Jeepjake

pump gear and adapter housing

TNJ Murray also has gears and housing adapters that you can bolt the vickers pump to, I believe it is a standard bolt flange. As far as the pump specification I can not confirm. but you might look here , it is a great thread for a power steering conversion on the deuce with some info on the 5-ton pump.

cheers
Jeep

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does this look like the right pump to you guys?
It's a vickers, the number is VTM-42-50-45-15-MF-L1-14-S4. .......
That IS the correct pump! (I have one that I purchased from the same seller.)
But is there supposed to be a gear on the end?
If you want to mount it to the Multifuel, YES, you'll need the gear, here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-...f-power-steering-pump-m35a2-8.html#post959341; also the washer & nut and the adapter housing, of course.

G.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I got one too, glad I kept the gear and adapter off my busted one. Someone needs to find a stash of these gears and mounts!