• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton steering wheel on a deuce?

bigelk50

The deuce steering wheel measures just over 20" and my 5 ton steering wheel measures 17 and 3/4". My question is, can you put a 5 ton steering wheel onto the deuce column easily? Also are the centers (horn button) the same in the deuce and 5 ton?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes and yes for the 800 series 5 tons steering wheels.. You'll need the correct steering wheel puller to get the deuce wheel off though.

Chevytruck

the 20" is there for a reason, it saves you on turning without power steering

but i would think it would be fit... but i wouldn't know... :cry:

DanMartin

My power steering project will utilize a 5 ton steering wheel. However, I am installing a real hyro power steering unit, so effort will not be an issue and I don't need the mechanical advantage that the larger wheel gives you.

Saturn Surplus has the pullers for sale...nice units for a decent price. Even comes in a wooden case.

bigelk50

chevy truck its all good I should have said that in my original post!

Dan we bought one of those air o matic kits I wish we could have bought one like yours, but this should have work fine. Thanks for a heads up on Saturn Surplus!! Let me know how your project goes!

baxter

joey the only hydro kit I know of is the one you biuld for it unfortunately. I ordered my geerbox yesterday it cant get here fast enough I have a buddy who has a 5ton pump and res for me almost have the parts to get started.:-D

Vaughn

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks