• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton steering wheel on a deuce?

bigelk50

The deuce steering wheel measures just over 20" and my 5 ton steering wheel measures 17 and 3/4". My question is, can you put a 5 ton steering wheel onto the deuce column easily? Also are the centers (horn button) the same in the deuce and 5 ton?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes and yes for the 800 series 5 tons steering wheels.. You'll need the correct steering wheel puller to get the deuce wheel off though.

Chevytruck

the 20" is there for a reason, it saves you on turning without power steering

but i would think it would be fit... but i wouldn't know... :cry:

DanMartin

My power steering project will utilize a 5 ton steering wheel. However, I am installing a real hyro power steering unit, so effort will not be an issue and I don't need the mechanical advantage that the larger wheel gives you.

Saturn Surplus has the pullers for sale...nice units for a decent price. Even comes in a wooden case.

bigelk50

chevy truck its all good I should have said that in my original post!

Dan we bought one of those air o matic kits I wish we could have bought one like yours, but this should have work fine. Thanks for a heads up on Saturn Surplus!! Let me know how your project goes!

baxter

joey the only hydro kit I know of is the one you biuld for it unfortunately. I ordered my geerbox yesterday it cant get here fast enough I have a buddy who has a 5ton pump and res for me almost have the parts to get started.:-D

Vaughn